Your Experience with Windows 10

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what browser? It is very strange that you are having attachment issues.

I only have outlook and gmail to test with.

I just logged into gmail(don't do that too often) and sent my self an email with an attachment.
28i41p2.jpg

Try maybe Firefox or Chrome to see if it works. I was using Firefox for this test.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

I have the same problem with the Windows 10 Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.
I am going to check and see if maybe I need to delete some messages.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

usafang67

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
I'm using Avast now instead of Norton for my anti-virus needs on Win7 and Win10 computer.
I don't think I'll be doing anymore OS upgrades unless it is a clean install of the OS.

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
Mail - why can't I chose the spelling-checker language? I can change it for a word at a time or whatver I mark up, but whenever I type a new word it defaults back to english.

john22233

Reputable
Aug 11, 2015

USAFRet

Titan

You could have used the MediaCreation tool, and downloaded the ISO file once. Use that to upgrade multiple machines.

bonou2

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
I found it just as fast (if not slightly faster than Windows 8/8.1)

Installed Office 2013, Visual Studio 2015, Nero 2015, and a bunch load of other software, everything worked properly so far.
Anyone who is entertaining the thought of using Windows 10 (or is already using it), do not forget to turn off the privacy settings (all of them) which share your experience on Windows with Microsoft. I did a bit of research before upgrading to Windows 10, and found that if one does not turn off these settings, Microsoft may also know your passwords etc.

Go to Settings > Privacy, there are like 13 tabs pages, turn everything off, and you're good to go!! :)

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

that makes sense to me.
my laptop was upgraded, and now I can't get my Norton to to run.I have a tech from Norton working on it now.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I used MagicIso and MagicDIsk in Windows 7 Pro to mount my Windows 10 install .ISO.
Unfortunately MagicIso is not Win10 compatible and is uninstalled during the upgrade process.
If one is lucky you can uninstall from Windows.old/Program Files (x86)/MagicIso.

In my case I could not Un-Mount or Eject the Windows 10 DVD image. I could not move or rename the file. After every restart it came back. Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management would not unmount. My only option was the dreaded RegEdit. I had to search for every instance of 'MagicIso' and 'MagicDisk' and deleted them from the registry. Then I ran CCleaner registry cleaner, crossed my fingers and restarted.

It worked.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Surprise!
GeForce Experience + Windows 10 found my 4 pirate games.

I own the game F1-2010 but I reviewed a tornt copy of f1-2012 for a few races. F1-2010 is not supported in Win10, so I tried to launch F1-2012 through GeForce Experience. The Steam store popped up and requested that I purchase a serial number in order to continue playing. I did.

I checked all of my games and there were 3 others that did the same thing. I erased all the games I was not using or did not own. I always read reviews and try before I buy, then I delete the bad games, and support the developers of good games.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

I was told that if you wanted to go back to your previous OS, that you could, but I don't remember what the time period was for that.

USAFRet

Titan

30 days, and then the Windows.old folder deletes itself.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

thanks much USAFRET.
I have to laugh, because I couldn't find where the old windows was with my Win 7 home Edition on this desktop.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
How do I uninstall a program or application in Windows 10?
I found the section for uninstall, and I selected the application or program I wanted to uninstall, from the list, but nothing happened.

USAFRet

Titan

Did you click the Uninstall button? It has worked for me.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

I didn't see an uninstall button,Just the list of programs and the fill in boxes above the klist, and theinstructions to select the program to uninstall.Now I am talking about

windows 10, not
windows 7.0

USAFRet

Titan

Select the desired application, then this link appears (circled in red)
j7PGT6Y.jpg

delonquin

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Well I'm currently stuck in the the reboot loop with no end in sight. I haven't really had much of a chance to experience Windows 10. I got the black screen after downloading Windows 10 and was ok for maybe 3-4 days. I noticed my sound wasn't responding a couple days ago so I rebooted and when my computer came back up, I had the black screen. I was able to get to the troubleshooter to have it diagnose the problem but it was no help at all so after attempting to get through to Microsoft, and not wanting to hold on for over an hour and a half wait time, I decided to go back to my previous Windows through the troubleshooter. That's when I ended up in the reboot loop and have been there ever since. So my experience has not been good. Does anyone know how to get out of this loop? I can't get to the registry since the screens do not respond to anything except pressing Shift + f10 will momentarily take you to what looks like an administrator DOS screen but it goes away after about 15-20 seconds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014

Clean install.

I would, anyway. Always clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.