Your Experience with Windows 10

Page 72 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats odd is that i installed W10 a month ago on my one PC and it wouldn't let me use a local account unless i unplugged internet.

Like 2 days ago i reinstalled W10 onto a different PC and even with internet access it allowed me to chose local account.

Odd

USAFRet

Titan
Whats odd is that i installed W10 a month ago on my one PC and it wouldn't let me use a local account unless i unplugged internet.

Like 2 days ago i reinstalled W10 onto a different PC and even with internet access it allowed me to chose local account.

Odd
That it worked with a reinstall may be due to that system being already registered in the activation server DB.

If the download preceded the 1909 update, you may still be able to get away with a traditional user account.

It's even more complicated here in the UK because any download with the Media Creation Tool is Windows10 HomeN or ProN and it's impossible to buy a genuine key for less than $221 from MS.

I got round that by using a Home version from a kind US colleague but today I need a Pro and it's a darned nuisance. Thanks, to Microsoft and the EU, things are getting difficult.

ethanmason622

Commendable
Dec 5, 2017
Windows 7 used to be actually BETTER at dealing with a couple of monitors (I use 3) and the facet screens are set at 1680x1050 while the main is at 1080p. Well...try transferring one window from the aspect displays to the major window and you may see it is now not possible...because W10 blocks the window atthe part of the display assuming it is due to the fact of a resolution difference.....again THIS THING WORKED PERFECTLY FINE IN VISTA AND 7. Even underneath XP.
Windows 10 = Windows 8.2. Same screwed up theme...with the mini version of the startscreen. I'm writing this from a PC running the present day build. It is quickly but so would be Windows Vista with a basic theme, you know...there is no excuse for sticking to this '95 theming gadget they scrwed us up in Windows 8 with. The OS feels old by design...even the icons appear like imported from Windows ninety five There are nevertheless bugs to be sorted out like

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, considering I have heard of win 10 version updates wiping installs, yes I have although its not common.

Anytime you run the installer there is always a chance of it not working as planned. I have seen resets wipe installs so why not

Apparently there is a massive security flaw in windows.

NSA explains you should update windows immediately.

Sort of puts good purpose to Microsoft trying to push updates to PCs all the time instead of relying on people to do it.

Lol and i only just upgraded today. Welcome to Windows 10.

You mean welcome to any OS and software ever developed?

USAFRet

Titan
Sort of puts good purpose to Microsoft trying to push updates to PCs all the time instead of relying on people to do it.
Exactly.

Remember with the WannaCry ransomware.
MS pushed out a patch a month before it went public.

The only ones that were affected were the Unpatched.

And those people still exist, even with Win 10.
"I know better than MS when my system needs patching!"
'No you don't, Sparky'.

How about those forced updates LOL One of my laptop got semi bricked because of that. :LOL:
They are forced for reasons like this:

Apparently there is a massive security flaw in windows.

NSA explains you should update windows immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS