doulos1382

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
Hi everybody. I have this problem, recently my pc is getting this error on Windows 10: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. And when that happens, it restarts but it doesn't boot Windows completely, stays at the Bios startup screen of my motherboard, but here's another thing, when I turn off the pc completely and turn it on again, windows boots normally, and then the error comes again about 30 minutes or 1 hour of usage.

So far, been trying this for repair: scanning for corrupt files, system restore point (which couldn't complete). But, those options didn't work. If anyone can help me or tell me what else I can do, I will be very grateful. Cheers

PD: Just in case someone needs to know, the system specs are: Core 2 Duo E8500,
EVGA 750i SLI FTW motherboard,
8 gb ram,
1 tb WD blue
EVGA gtx 750 GPU
(Yeah I know, this pc is a potato)

Solution
Yeah, I thought it could be that but I've been using this pc with windows 10 for 3 years and had no problem at all, don't know why appears that error right now. Other thing is that windows recently tried to installed windows 10 version 2004, maybe it corrupted some OS files. The pc still get the error at this time.
Your PC might run better using Windows 8.1 and Microsoft will not be forcing any feature updates on you, just security updates.
I think problems will be hard to avoid with this motherboard. It does not support Windows 10, or even Windows 8. The main problem is the NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI chipset. Any type of support for this motherboard ended about a decade ago when Nvidia stopped making chipsets.

doulos1382

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
I think problems will be hard to avoid with this motherboard. It does not support Windows 10, or even Windows 8. The main problem is the NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI chipset. Any type of support for this motherboard ended about a decade ago when Nvidia stopped making chipsets.

Yeah, I thought it could be that but I've been using this pc with windows 10 for 3 years and had no problem at all, don't know why appears that error right now. Other thing is that windows recently tried to installed windows 10 version 2004, maybe it corrupted some OS files. The pc still get the error at this time.

Your PC might run better using Windows 8.1 and Microsoft will not be forcing any feature updates on you, just security updates.

Solution