Question Z690 Mag DDR5 motherboard but wrong cpu cable

yazooda

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2014
I bought Z690 DDR5 and while installing cables from PSU I found that 8pin cable connectors aren't the same that motherboard 8pin connectors are like.

ALTHOUGH, the cable can plug without any problem but the shape of every single one isn't the same that looks on motherboard.

Motherboard 8pin connectors are like:
Square, D, D, Square
D, Square, Square, D

But the one that goes from PSU is like this
D, Square, D, D
Square, D, D, D

It can be plugged but I'm scared of the differences.. Should I install it and go on or the cable connectors should be exactly the same as the motherboard ones?

Thanks.
IMG-20230101-182234.png

cp-8920115-eps-12v-cpu-conn-png-e9b9d9c97a5b3e8fd8202ce59eb59d13.png

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU you're working with? If the cable is listed as CPU, meaning it's meant for the motherboard's EPS power input for the CPU then yes you should be able to plug it into the motherboard, provided you've connected the right side on the PSU's end. If the PSU has been in use for a while, please state the age of the unit.

yazooda

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2014
Make and model of the PSU you're working with? If the cable is listed as CPU, meaning it's meant for the motherboard's EPS power input for the CPU then yes you should be able to plug it into the motherboard, provided you've connected the right side on the PSU's end. If the PSU has been in use for a while, please state the age of the unit.

PSU Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750w
Was used from mid 2018.