Question Z790 AORUS ELITE AX Motherboard Q-Flash

Raging_Vampire

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
All,
I've just upgraded my motherboard and processor to a Z790 Aorus Elite AX with an i7 14700KF. Unfortunately I think I bought a mono that needed a bios update to use the latest gen processors. By pure good luck, this MoBo has Q-Flash which enables update without a functioning CPU. Anyway, I've followed the instructions (rename bios file to "gigabyte.bin" and copy to a FAT32-formatted flash drive, inserted it in the designated USB socket and press the q-flash button) and the Q-Flash light is lit steadily with the light on the flash drive flashing indicating there is activity. However the light has been lit for 45 minutes at the moment and I'm getting concerned. Can anyone with this MoBo confirm what can be done? Should I press the Q-Flash button again? I have read in some places that the Q-Flash light should be flashing and not steadily lit as it is. I know flashing can be a delicate operation so I'm wary of doing anything at the moment without additional advice.

Many thanks in advance! R_V

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Since you haven't had any replies yet specifically from someone with your mobo and experience q flashing it i searched Youtube gigabyte q flash plus and there's quite a few videos on it.