Mar 27, 2024
(Specs at the bottom, pls help me!) I’m not profesional but I know all the basics so im easy to guide.

Hello everyone, yesterday I built my new pc, I knew about the need to update the bios to be able to use intel 14th gen so I did it making sure to install the correct BIOS. The PC had problems showing the orange light but in the end it turned on and I tried a few benchmarks without a problem and then I turned it off! The next day (today) I turn on the computer and after about 10-16mins it restarted this time showing the orange light again and without showing video on the screen, I turned it on again in an hour and it showed the orange light but it went away in seconds and it was able to boot to the system (it reset again in 7-10 minutes showing orange light and no boot possibility) I would like to know what the error is and how can I solve this? This is the worst motherboard ever!!!

I tried cleaning ram and ram slots, updating bios, changing between ram slots but this keeps showing me the same boot orange light error!! Sometimes boot to system but restart in less than 15min max! Please help me, this is frustrating!

CPU: I9 14900k (new)
MOBO: Z790 AORUS Elite AX rev 1.1 (new)
RAM: Corsair Vengance RGB 32x2 6000mhz DDR5 (new)
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 3090 (new)
SSD: WD Blue SN580 2TB m.2 2280 (new)
PWS: Corsair HX 1200 80+ Platinum (1year of use)
COOLING: LT720 AIO 360mm (new)

Last edited:

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
Remove GPU, see how it works then. If the problems continue you know it's not the GPU that's faulty.

What's the OS? 10 or 11?

Btw, the BOOT LED lights on every time before the computer boots to the OS. It will always be on if the PC is powered on but has not yet moved on from POST to booting Windows/Linux/etc.

Reactions: cryptomueka
Mar 27, 2024
Remove GPU, see how it works then. If the problems continue you know it's not the GPU that's faulty.

What's the OS? 10 or 11?

Btw, the BOOT LED lights on every time before the computer boots to the OS. It will always be on if the PC is powered on but has not yet moved on from POST to booting Windows/Linux/etc.
Hi 35below0, I’m using Windows 11! The pc shuts off / restart after 10/15 minutes but it’s showing video from motherbard and gpu! Sometimes when it shuts off / restart stop showing video and the lights of my keyboard turns off ( fans still working and everything inside the case) I have to disconnect the pc and wait to try again and then it restart after a couple minutes.

Mar 27, 2024
Is the CPU overcooking? What are you cooling it with? Can you monitor temps?
LT720 360mm AIO, temps are good it shuts off even at 59c, I run memtest and rams had no errors, run cinebench and the cpu is performing well, run furmark and the GPU is performing good I don’t know what to do, I’m thinking the problem is the mobo. The pc is restarting in a loop right now, as I said everything seems good inside the case but now is not showing video and my keyboard light is off.

I really appreciate that you’re here helping me! Thanks for the support

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
Possibly a motherboard issue, yes. Hard to tell because you have to eliminate everything else first.

It kinda sounds like a crappy PSU causing trouble... except it's not the case this time.
Still, if you have a spare PSU, you can try it and see if the problem persists.

One more question, what's your XMP/memory speed settings?

Mar 27, 2024
Possibly a motherboard issue, yes. Hard to tell because you have to eliminate everything else first.

It kinda sounds like a crappy PSU causing trouble... except it's not the case this time.
Still, if you have a spare PSU, you can try it and see if the problem persists.

One more question, what's your XMP/memory speed settings?
I have an extra PSU (EVGA 650w G3 80+ Gold) I could try with that one?

I disabled XMP trying to fix this but it didn’t work.
This is my ram:
@Newegg:CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) Desktop Memory Model CMH64GX5M2N6000C30
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-32gb...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-20-982-134-_-03282024

Mar 27, 2024
As i feared. That RAM is not supported. At least it's not listed as supported.

You have the CL30 Corsair Vengeance, but the only supported 32Gb stick is the CL40 one. Ditto Dominator 32Gb.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z790-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-1x/support#support-memsup

Edit - The 650w PSU is a bit weak. It might cause problems.
Oh God, that’s more money!!😭 do yo recommend me to change this motherboard or just buy a new pair of sticks? Thank you brother, you’re gold! at least now I know what’s wrong with this… and which motherboard you recommend me? From today I hate Gigabyte/Aorus mobos.

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
First thing to do is to make sure you know what the problem is. It may be unsupported RAM, but it may be something different.
So try different RAM first. Borrow some if you can.

If you suspect the motherboard, then try returning it.

As for RAM, you can sell it and get supported RAM. 64 Gb is twice what you need anyway and most motherboards will not support fast 32Gb sticks except very expensive ones. It's better to go for 2x16 for a total of 32 Gb. Or if you must have more, take 2x24 for 48Gb, but check compatibility.
Or you can try swapping the CL30 kit for a CL40 kit, but you'd be better off with a 2x16 CL30 kit imo.