Apr 14, 2023
Hello, can somebody tell me if I would be able to fit a Zotac Geforce 4070 Twin Edge into my case? I am running an older ITX build with the Fractal Define Nano S. The problem is that I have a Be Quiet Pure Power 11 power supply which is rather big. So there isn't much space between GPU and PSU.

I currently have the Zotac Geforce 3070 Twin Edge installed which is a 2.0 slot graphics card. However, the 4070 says that it is a 2.2 slot graphics card but the actual dimensions (225.5 mm x 123.2 mm x 40.1 mm) are even smaller when compared to the 3070.

I would appreciate your help. Right now I could still refund my 3070 and replace it with the 4070. ;)

Apr 14, 2023
Hey, and thanks for the quick reply! So just to confirm, with the current PSU installed, the 4070 wouldn't fit?

Because what confuses me is that the actual dimensions seem to be the same.

KyaraM

Admirable
Hey, and thanks for the quick reply! So just to confirm, with the current PSU installed, the 4070 wouldn't fit?

Because what confuses me is that the actual dimensions seem to be the same.
If the dimensions are the same, I would just try the card and if it doesn't fit, see what the issue is. If it can be fixed, do so; if not, send the card back.

KyaraM

Admirable
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're going to need to downsize the PSU(form factor wise) akin to this build;
That's neither the 3070 in question nor the 4070; 3070s can range quite a bit jn size. I did check the Zotac Twin Edge, and it indeed fits into the case as also seen in the screenshot. If the 4070 has the same dimensions, then there is absolutely no problem.

Apr 14, 2023
So I've done some more research and came across the Gainward GeForce RTX 4070 Ghost which is a 2 slots graphics card.

Would this one fit in my current system? Or are there any other alternatives I haven't found yet?

Apr 14, 2023
That's neither the 3070 in question nor the 4070; 3070s can range quite a bit jn size. I did check the Zotac Twin Edge, and it indeed fits into the case as also seen in the screenshot. If the 4070 has the same dimensions, then there is absolutely no problem.
That's great news! So as I've stated above, the dimensions are the same, if not even smaller for the 4070. But what was worrying me was the 2.2 slots requirement in their description for the 4070...

KyaraM

Admirable
So I've done some more research and came across the Gainward GeForce RTX 4070 Ghost which is a 2 slots graphics card.

Would this one fit in my current system? Or are there any other alternatives I haven't found yet?

It says thickbess 40.1mm. Can you measure the thickness of your current card? If it's the same or the Gainward is slimmer, it fits. I vote for the Gainward tbh, nice brand from my experience.

That's great news! So as I've stated above, the dimensions are the same, if not even smaller for the 4070. But what was worrying me was the 2.2 slots requirement in their description for the 4070...
That means nothing, honestly. Several sites will also list a 4070Ti as a 2.5, 3.0, or 3.5 slot card from what I have seen. All for the same cards. Only the actual physical dimensions mean a lick.

Edit: I hate the new post creation box...

Reactions: Odin1991
Apr 14, 2023
You mean it all could fit inside of the thing.

I don't think my mom is very proud of me.

I'm very happy there's 3 fans on that Zotac 3080 though and not 2.
At least you have the better PSU for an ITX case. I had my system customized and didn't think about the size of the PSU... And now I'm limited when it comes to future upgrades.

Apr 14, 2023
;)It says thickbess 40.1mm. Can you measure the thickness of your current card? If it's the same or the Gainward is slimmer, it fits. I vote for the Gainward tbh, nice brand from my experience.

That means nothing, honestly. Several sites will also list a 4070Ti as a 2.5, 3.0, or 3.5 slot card from what I have seen. All for the same cards. Only the actual physical dimensions mean a lick.

Edit: I hate the new post creation box...
Yes, when it comes to the thickness, both cards are exactly 40.1mm thick.

As I'm not an expert in this area (yet! ;)) I thought this quite confusing with the different slot sizes but the same thickness.

So you would prefer the Gainward card? I will do some more research and maybe try this out. I've always liked the Zotac Cards so far...

KyaraM

Admirable
Yes, when it comes to the thickness, both cards are exactly 40.1mm thick.

As I'm not an expert in this area (yet! ;)) I thought this quite confusing with the different slot sizes but the same thickness.

So you would prefer the Gainward card? I will do some more research and maybe try this out. I've always liked the Zotac Cards so far...
Personally, yes. Though I will admit to personal bias here because I own two Gainward cards and they both perform very well. My boyfriend is very satisfied with his Zotac card, though. Are there price differences, or does the design of one card appeal more to you than the other? If so, then go with the cheaper/prettier card. Performance-wise there shouldn't be a difference.

Apr 14, 2023
I think I will give the Gainward card a try because it says it is the flattest card in the line-up. Just to be on the safe side although I'd prefer the looks of the Zotac more :sneaky:

Apr 14, 2023
At least you have the better PSU for an ITX case. I had my system customized and didn't think about the size of the PSU... And now I'm limited when it comes to future upgrades.
Yep. Extremely versatile PSU.
pnswh8Eij

Can be on the floor, on the case, sometimes even in the PSU compartment, but that's just chaos.

I'd just get 5he Gigabyte Windblah 3 fan & OC to fit in the case and be done with it hehe.