Broadcom

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Broadcom.
  1. S

    Whats my system worth?

    First time posting here, but a long time reader. Just wondering what you think my system is worth. I have been itching for a new build so that is why I am asking. Intel core i7 3770k Corsair RAM 8GB at 1600mhz Asus p8z77 v-pro Dual GTX 680 in SLI 60 GB SSD for operating system 1TB HDD for...
  2. Jack423

    Server computer won't connect to CPW

    I have a Dell Poweredge 2950 and recently I have noticed that I cannot connect to my web servers hosted on that specific computer anymore. I can still use the internet and download rpms but I cannot connect to my control panel. The error I get from chrome is: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT I am...
  3. K

    looking for answers about my computer

    my computer was in the pawn shop. And when i got it out of pawn and brung it home i noticed they spilled something on it. i plugged it up and my usb ports dont work nore do any of my video display. i ordered another motherboard and still the same thing. could it be my amd athlon 2 processer...
  4. G

    First time PC build

    I am creating a PC Build for both work and gaming. The extent of the work is heavy graphics work via Adobe programs and minor 3D modeling and rendering work Via Blender. Could I get some feedback, my cap for this build is $1k. EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)...
  5. D

    Need a good mouse for CS:GO

    I'm in need of a good mouse for Counter Strike. I've been looking at a SS Kana V2, Rival and Sensei Raw, but I'm not sure what one to get. I'm leaning towards the Kana V2 simply because my hands are pretty small. Any suggestions?
  6. LukaBoki

    What is my best upgrade?

    I have a couple of choices. 1. Monitor: BenQ DL2215 90.95 euros 2. Mouse. Logitech G400s,Logitech G300 or Razer Deathadder 2013(The Razer and the G400s are around 70 euros,while the G300 is around 45 euros in my country.I found them all on ebay for $70(Razer),$54.25 (G400s) and $37.50 (G300) )...
  7. Episodic

    Which is the better Z97 LGA1150 board for SLI and OC?

    I will be running dual 780 ti's and a 4770k CPU that I will OC. So which is the better board for SLI and OC? These are the two I found but other suggestions are good too. 1. ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 2. ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO LGA 1150 My max budget is $210, but less is always fine, assuming it...
  8. B

    Is this laptop any good for the price?

    Dell XPS 15.6 inch laptop. 6GB RAM, intel core i7 2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz. NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics. 500 GB storage. for 275 with a broken battery, will this work for these games? is it a good deal without battery? How much and where do i find a new battery? thanks alot!!!
  9. M

    Need Community's Opinions

    Hi, I will make this short. This custom computer is approx 1 year old. I need your help to decide how and what to upgrade. This build was initially a budget build and what I could afford at that time. CPU: A10 5800k (never overclocked) GPU: Radeon 1GB 6870 (was free) RAM: patriot viper xtreme...
  10. S

    Is the RAM slot too close to the PCI-e slot?

    I want to add an 11-inch GPU to this micro ATX board, but it looks like the RAM slot clip may get in the way of the card. If that is the case, can I take off, or at least sand down the RAM clip?
  11. A

    Opinions on this Editing/gaming rig

    Ok so im thinking of building this pc, it's primary use will be for video editing but i also want the ability to play any game in 1080p with decent frames. I wasnt sure if the gpu was any good, it just looked decent for the pricerange http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3HFRd opinions?
  12. T

    GTX 580 installation questions

    So I just got a great deal on a GeForce GTX 580 from a friend who could afford to sell it for 90$. Obviously, I was pretty excited, but I am kinda treating it with kid gloves due to inexperience with installing one of these bad boys. First, what it will be connected to: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P...
  13. D

    ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 problem

    Hi guys, I'm experiencing problem with this MB, if I put VGA ( MSI R9 270 Gaming) into PCI-E x16, red VGA diode lights up aswell as BOOT sector red diode. I even tried to put RAM stick (using only 1x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz) in diferrent DIMM slot(#1), helped a little, there was just VGA diode lit...
  14. packerfans1

    DDR,DDR2,Single Core and Dual Core

    I have a 2.2Ghz Single Core processor with a DDR2 Mobo and a dual core 2.4Ghz CPU with a DDR motherboard. Which should I use? The DDR board with a faster processor or the DDR2 board with the slower processor?
  15. R

    Computer will not start ASUS A7S333 Motherboard

    The computer will not start,it continually re-boots but does not start.I have tried starting it is safe mode,safe mode with networking,start normally,and last known good configeration that worked.None of these options work.The computer went blue screen and the last notice I got was: BCCode:fe...
  16. V

    Replace P4 with quad core

    Hello, I am running a P4 CPU on my Gigabyte 965P-DS3 mb now. I want to upgrade just the CPU to a Q6600 quad core. Hardware is not a problem. My question is: Will I have to reinstall Windows XP? If I do, can I install another hard drive and do the fresh install on that in order to save all the...
  17. G

    Eudora and win7

    Can anyone help? I cannot open any attachments in Eudora. Message lists file location and says it cannot be found. Doesn't matter if word, excel or pdf. I know the files are there why wont programs recognize where the attachments are?
  18. N

    laptop hang while gaming

    my laptop stop working when i run any game and it just hang up and did not work untill i press log on button
  19. S

    Context menu

    Hello, Hi winxp,IE8, how can I add "send to" to my right click?
  20. S

    The Current State of Windows XP x64?

    Just about to put together a computer with 4gigs of ram and wanted to squeeze out use of all 4gigs. Also want to make use of 64-bit use of large files. The last time I tried out x64, it seemed like a slapped together side project that didn't get much attention from developers (that was around...
  21. G

    Power Supply sugestion help.

    Hello, The other day my PSU went out. Ive been shopping around for a new one and so far this is what I have come up with. This http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276574&body=MAIN and this...
  22. G

    Compaq Presario A935EA hinges broken.

    Hello, can anyone help me pls i am now desperate as hp are messing me about saying s/n not recognised etc. i bought laptop from pc world a few years back and it has now been discontinued but the hinges have gone on the right hand side it has snapped and i dont seem to be able to find a part for...
  23. F

    WIRELESS CARD ON WINDOWS 7

    I know the requirmets are for windows 7. i have a laptop with 512mb of ram and windows 7 works just fine. i have a WPC54G V3 linksys wireless card. i install the driver and it says in device manager "not enough resorces for this device." and it also says "if you want to use this device u...
  24. G

    Search Menu Drop downs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I just got a new computer with windows XP pro and all of my search menus are saving a history and when I go to type in a new search it is always trying to fill in the word for me. How do I disable the search...
  25. T

    USB Devices "Unknown"

    Hey guys. I'm using a really old crap computer with Windows XP, and recently it decided to not like USB devices anymore. I get the "Unknown USB Device" error bubble from the taskbar, saying there are errors with any USB device I plug in, in any port. The weird thing is, my USB mouse still...
  26. C

    Usb hd format. w/ mac drive any issues BAK/REST. PC?

    Have my wd passport formatted w macdrive (need for my jtag xbox 360 console)... Will there be any problems using it to backup/restore windows vista on my laptop pc? Plan to try fresh intall of windows 7 (if drivers not issue w/dell inspiron 1520- dell doesn't seem to have any windows 7 drivers...
  27. K

    Computer won't boot correctly!

    Hello, It has been eight months now since my computer last worked, I’m a lazy bastard, can’t help that. It won’t boot normally, it gets stuck on a black screen with a flashing white hyphen at the left top corner of the screen. I’ve tried many things and none of them have worked, I haven’t tried...
  28. D

    GB-PVR or win DVR

    anyone have an oppinion? Im getting a tuner card and not sure what to use.
  29. T

    Front Panel Audio problems?

    Hello, I'm trying to set up my front panel audio connection with a Antec Sonata III case on a Gigabyte P55-UD3R motherboard. However, I'm not experienced in doing so and something seems to be wrong (as plugging in my headphones to either jack in front while audio is playing does nothing). I do...
  30. T

    Not sure what pc case to choose

    ok so im here in Aus and facing a issue... cant decide wich case to upgrade to !!! atm im running in a antec 900 thinking about going to the 1200 but seems like its really common where i live(due to its awesomeness) but im looking for something unique to home my new i7/p55-gd80 setup =) anyone...
  31. B

    How do i figure out my bandwidth

    Hello, If i do an internet speed test, what do the results mean....like if I average 8.18 Mb/s Download and 1.10 Mb/s Upload and 60ms ping what does that mean my bandwidth is?
  32. P

    Video/Graphics Card

    Where is the video or graphics card located? I'm not a "computer" person but I was able to open the CPU case. I am getting NO SIGNAL on my monitor but the computer seems to be turned on and it sounds like it goes through the entire boot up but NO SIGNAL on the monitor. Can someone tell me...
  33. D

    Strange network card problem

    Hi guys, I hope you can help me as I'm going a little insane troubleshooting a strange networking issue for a friend. The problem is this: My friend has a computer that will simply not work using any configuration hooked up to my network hub. He has two network cards (one integrated on an Epox...
  34. S

    Disk converted to simple partition while making new partition, now OS won't load

    Hello, I wanted to create a new partition to try out linux. So I decided to shrink E: by 20 GB. I then formatted the free space into a new drive by right clicking and creating new simple volume. I was warned that the drive would be made "simple", but not knowing the implications, I went ahead...
  35. A

    TOSHIBA External Hard disk USB 3.0 not showing in some computers

    Hello, My toshiba Hard Disk 1TB is not showing in some computers after Formatting. While attaching it to computer/Laptop It can be seen in disk management/Safety remove hardware but can not see in My Computers. Please Help It is a toshiba HD and Iomega developer. There were some I omega...
  36. G

    P.S.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) I have the Windows firewall on, as well as free edition Zone Alarm. Thanks!
  37. G

    Read Only Problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I have a problem and no one seems to be able to help. I am running WinXP Home which came with the computer. MS Site: Simple File Sharing is always turned on in Windows XP Home Edition-based computers. I have a folder called...
  38. zephead

    Difference Between 64MB and 16MB Cache

    Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a secondary HDD exclusively for recording my game-play using Fraps. This is my current HDD I'm using for my OS and all file storage: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136697 This is the HDD I'm considering purchasing for Fraps storgae...
  39. G

    control-alt-delete - can't close the box

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) "Control-alt-delete" launches a box which does not have the 'x' in the upper right hand part of the box and also launches the "cpu usage" box in the tray. I have to reboot. What do I do??? -- mike
  40. G

    How to get rid of "files replaced" message

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Two of my XP installations from time to time displays a "Important files has been replaced" message. It asks me to insert the XP CD to restore those files. But I get an option to keep the files too. But, then the message...