Hidden Files

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Hidden Files.
  1. A

    auto cad for macbook

    I have a macbook, i want to download autoca but its saying i dont have the required graphic card to download it, what graphic card would i need to purchase in order to be able to download it?
  2. T

    Watercooling Mid Tower Rig

    I think I want to watercool my gpu and cpu. I have a tt snowcommander mid tower, Evga GTX 660 ti with water block, and FX-8320. I was looking into the tt drivebay kits. That seemed like a good solution, but do they cool GPUs too? Plus it would clash with my color scheme, so I'd have to get...
  3. N

    GTX 760 Dual monitors?

    I was planning on getting a gtx 760. I also wanted dual monitors. I will not be playing games on 2 monitors, I was thinking more like 1 monitor for gaming and 1 for like workspace, web browsing, coding, etc,etc. Is the 760 2gb gonna be enough?
  4. E

    Just looking for a few peoples input on a computer I'm looking to build soon

    So should I wait on the r9 280x to fall back in to normal price or go ahead and do this PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2AsCV Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2AsCV/by_merchant/ Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2AsCV/benchmarks/ CPU: AMD FX-8350...
  5. D

    Budget $550 for build a PC gaming (Including Monitor)

    My budget is around $550, I want to build a gaming PC that can play latest game with medium or high settings. what is the best spec for me ?
  6. D

    sabertooth 990fx 2.0 causing issues with 3dmark 11?

    I just bought the asus sabertooth 990fx 2.0 and a second 660 ti last week and popped them in and began to benchmark to see the new and improved performance! Problem is when i am in windows i have little turquoise and purple dots (artifacts i believe) on the desktop background. When i put my...
  7. A

    Samung 80GB Ata133 and A7N8X-E shows it as ata-100

    I am using A7n8x-e. I have one 80GB Samsung drive which is listed as ata-133 by samsung. The motherboard only lists it as ata-100.. Any one have any ideas.. I am using an ata-133 cable.. Bios is up to date <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by aap21 on 02/04/04 12:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  8. G

    Max or Min windows display and no in-between

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) When I launch MS Photo Editor it shows on the task bar as a minimized display. From there it can be maximized but if I attempt to change the display as adjustable one it is minimized. How can I fix this problem? Kaz
  9. D

    New Hard Drive Warranty Policies for ATA Drives

    Want to make a difference and have your displeasure with the new ATA/IDE hard drive one year warranties heard? Now is your chance! - We are giving the THGC very unique chance to get your question answered. Patrick and I are in the process of working on an article for next week on the hard...
  10. J

    Moving Disk from Intel to AMD

    Is there any way to convert or transfer a hard disk from a Pentium III to a Duron? Please help. Jeff
  11. G

    Synching Time on Windows XP Client in a Windows 2000 Domain

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I tried to use this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734 to synchronize the Windows XP client with the time on the Windows 2000 Domain Controller. But when I typed in w32tm -s I received...
  12. NialM

    Burner not as fast as before !

    Hi, I have a Panasonic Matshita 8X4X32 CD-RW CW-7586 (I know....it's not the best!) The problem is, It used to be pritty quick burning images to the HD (using CloneCD). Now a few months later, burning from the same sorce, it's WAY slow. Its been 17 min now burning MOH, (speed goes from 1 kByte...
  13. R

    No wireless after messing with hosts file

    So that's the problem really i try jailbraik the iPhone in many many wayes becouse i exdentlly upgrade tp 3.1.3 with itunes.. so .. I changed many times the HOSTS FILE and whene that aint work i uses software called HOSTS MAN. Now I have Internet on my wired computer (the router connected to...
  14. B

    AOpen CD-RWs are solid

    I've been reading the posts in this forum now for a few days. It seems that a couple of people are really badmouthing AOpen's burners...and I understand this is justified entirely if you've personally had a less than stellar experience. I don't think there's really any brand that can claim a...
  15. J

    Red colour on the monitor suddenly appears and disappears

    Hello, I have a 5 years old crt monitor. It does not display red colour. However, suddenly many times red colour appears and remain for 30 minutes to five hours and disappear without disturbing the system. What is the remedy?
  16. B

    Xbox internet

    i just got an xbox pro and i need to connect it to ethernet. the closest and most manageable ethernet plug is in my comcast dvr cable box. i tried to plug it in but it didn't connect the xbox. is there a way to connect my xbox via the cable box at all?
  17. I

    Gigabyte GTX 660 TI -- odd smell and hot

    I bought a gigabyte GTX 660 TI (GV-N66TOC-2) and almost every test online shows the graphics card running around 69C max. In my computer dell XPS 8500, it's running around 79-81C at max. But at that temperature, I can smell a bit of plastic smell. I don't know if anything is burning (nothing...
  18. H

    Best Mechanical Gaming Keyboard?

    I was thinking about getting the ms sidewinder x4 (i know its non mechanical) but its out of stock, after researching keyboards, i was wondering what the best mechanical gaming keyboard would be to get. any help would be great, also include why its a good keyboard if you can (ie: extra macro...
  19. G

    MCE Tv tuners

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Does microsoft xp mce detect all tv tuners??? ex Sabrent SBT-TVFM / FM Radio / TV Tuner PCI Capture Card with Remote Control or does it have to be certified
  20. G

    important question about onboard raid 0 controller

    hi, I'm presently having problems with my motherboard (ASUS A7v133 with RAID 0 onboard). I think my AGP slot is busted, so I intended to buy another one (the same motherboard). The problem is : When I will disconnect my two HDs, which are connected together in RAID 0 for A/V editing, to connect...
  21. bsod1

    Budget mobo for i5-3470 and HD 7850

    Config so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GBdh I won't be overclocking and I might CrossFire later on. I won't be upgrading any time soon so unless I find a better CPU at that price, I am sticking to this. My options are: Also, do I need the cooler?
  22. Charm_76

    Is there a jack to attach both audio in and out in the laptop

    my new HP-mini has only one slot for both audio in and out and mic. as a result i coudnt use my current headphones as it needs two slots. whats the solution please?
  23. G

    Add or remove programs incomplete list

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have a computer which, on going into "add or remove programs" displays an incomplete list of the programs installed. Does anyone know why this should happen please. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions
  24. G

    Application Sharing Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) I am trying to share an application with a colleague in Chicago. We are able to connect via Messenger to communicate in real time by typing, but we cannot establish a voice connection and we cannot establish application...
  25. 8

    Is my GPU on it's way out ?

    Hi, hope somebody here can help. whether i'm watching video or playing COH, i get this thing where about 5 minutes in my screen goes black and the sound skips several times before silence. i had this problem earlier and on hard restart had error messages saying Nvidia graphics driver failure...
  26. R

    finding outlook folder on my old Hard-drive,

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hi Guy Here's my problem I have had to put a new harddrive into my system p4. 2.4gig 256ram, I have reinstalled winxp and have put my old drive in as a slave to the new drive, my old drive was fine i just needed a bigger h/d...
  27. TenPc

    How does a 450 Watt PSU attain 53 amps (636 watts) on the +12v rail

    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Non-Modular+650W+or+less/450W+XFX+Pro+Core+Edition+80PLUS+Bronze+Power+Supply+%5BP1-450S-X2B9%5D+?productId=53989&source=skinflint Part number - 450W XFX Pro Core Edition 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply [P1-450S-X2B9] - 550W of continuous...
  28. G

    upgrade to Win XP from Win98

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) My P.C is running Win98 and it has gone corrupt. It is telling me I have to reinstall Win98 but I don't have the CD. I want to upgrade to Win XP. Can I upgrade even if my P.C hangs when I start in Win98. Thank-You in advance...
  29. R

    Pc Just Shut down

    Hi guys. I built this PC about 3 years ago so I should have all the part details listed somewhere if that's needed. But, I was playing a pretty heavily modded skyrim, which is not a problem. But my PC just shut down in a middle of the game. And the APC back up battery started beeping, showing...
  30. G

    dvd to movie maker

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) DVD in drive. Want to import .vod files to movie maker. Anyone know how?
  31. P

    A litle Help please

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) On boot up MSN Messenger pops up. I don't use MSN as an ISP or a start page. Any suggestions would be appreciated on how to get rid of this nuisance. Thanks, Pappy
  32. AShiddyGamer

    Possible upgrade to GTX 680

    My first post here on the forums, but I have used your site a LOT when looking for PC advice. I already asked on Yahoo! Answers, but that's kind of an "answer then never look back" kind of route, so there's not much ongoing support there. I'll just copy&paste here. ---- So I've got an...
  33. G

    I dont knowwhat wrong with my comp HELLP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) when i logg on its slow sometimes and i cant go to some of my icons error reports shows up like its not that bad i can function on my comp i cant go back to an earlier time it wont let me i cant go to internet...
  34. G

    SetTextCharacterExtra API call

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hi, This question most likely belongs in a different news group but I could not find one related to Windows API calls. Feel free to offer suggestions on which news groups cover General Windows API questions. My Question...
  35. D

    Graphic card problem

    Hello I have a sony vaio laptop VGN-FZ31E with graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT GPU , windows 7 and now after 4 years I have a problem i got red/pink lines all over my laptop. When i check my display adapters on device manager it says that i got Standard VGA Graphics Adapter I uninstalled...
  36. Muks2386

    HD 7850 or HD 7870 ?

    Hey guys , my budget is really tight so I need help . To get a Core i5 3570k with a HD 7850 2GB or to get an i5 3470 with a HD 7870 2GB ?
  37. sumitd

    GTS250 fans full throttle!

    hi all, My GTS250 runs its fans veryyy loud until windows loads up. Is it a bad video card. Its apparently new ,sent by msi yesterday as replacement for another card.
  38. J

    PCIE 3.0 x16 + PCIE 2.0 x4

    I was thinking about getting a crossfire set up on my gigabye Z77 LGA 1155 however i noticed that one of the slots was PCIE 3.0 X16 and the other PCIE 2.0 The graphics card i currently have is an MSI Radeon HD 7950 and i was thinking about getting a crossfire setup with a Radeon HD 7970. Would...
  39. M

    HD 7750 or GTX 650 Non Ti?

    They are very identical in performance, but I am still going to ask here anyways, :) I'm going to get a PowerColor 7750 or Inno3D GTX 650 by the way because of their similar price at my shop.
  40. BlindedFate

    GTX 670

    I currently have a gtx 660 ti superclocked by evga and i was thinking of upgrading to a gtx 670. Is it worth it to upgrade and if so how much do you think it will be on blackfriday for this gtx 670 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787 My current 660 ti is this...