Hotmail

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Hotmail.
  1. C

    Can I install OEM win 7 on used formatted hard drive?

    Hello,Can I install a new OEM of win 7 home on a used but reformatted hard drive?
  2. G

    Question on autochek error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Recently I start to see strange stuff during booting as below: System root\windows\system32\autochk.exe program not found. Skipping autocheck When I checked, I see autochk.exe under system32. I wonder what is this...
  3. P

    Is this a decent gaming rig by today's standards?

    (First post) Hello guys, how are you? Awesome forum you got here. So I'm like 14 years old, living in Pakistan. Where PC gaming outside Counter Strike 1.6 is rare. So being a PC gamer here is really hard but I managed to get a half decent rig in my opinion. What I need to know is if I can...
  4. G

    D600 or D610 ...What's the difference?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) What's the differences between the newer D610 and the D600 models Lattitude? Thanks in advance. kw
  5. K

    Media centre crashes

    when i open windows media centre after installing windows 7 it crashes
  6. C

    Help!!!!! Please

    Well I didnt kno where to put this but im sorry if it is in the wrong category i started to have problems with my computer as in sound crashing/ then my game / then when i get on google it shows shockwave has crashed i tried to call a friend on steam and they had to end call because i sounded...
  7. A

    Hp solution center fails to launch with new printer

    Hello, After problems with HP Solution Center on my old printer, HP suggested I upgrade to a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless. Guess what, no matter what I do, the HP Solution getsan error that the device is not connected. Otherwise the printer works fine. My OS is Windows 7, upgraded from Vista.
  8. O

    What power supply do I get?

    I'm building my 1st gaming computer and am getting a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB. It states that it requires "2x 6-pin VGA power connectors." Most PSUs I'm searching state they include 1 6-pin connector. Do any PSUs include 2 of these connectors or do I also need to buy an adapter to make...
  9. K

    Can the BIOS be modified to allow me to add more memory (now 2 1GB slots) to the

    I have an older F700 laptop that I want to reconfigure. I looked up technical specs and it says I cannot add memory to the machine as I am max-ed out at 1GB per slot now. Can the BIOS be modified to allow me to add memory?
  10. J

    How to turn off Instant Messenger.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) I use Windows 2000 now and then and I get lots of spam from Instant Messenger when I do. Since I have no use for the function how do I turn it off? If there is a better group of this query please advise. John Culleton
  11. G

    winlogon.exe application error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I have been getting a message when starting up: winlogon.exe application error The exception Privileged Instruction (0xc0000096) occurred in the application at location 0x77f57536. Anyone have an answer for this...
  12. timothy2180

    Disable Program Popups

    I was wondering if there is a generic way to take permissions away from a program that will pop up and take me out of full screen(like when playing a game). I would like to block all programs from being able to do this except perhaps my anti-virus. I don't care if a download finished, while...
  13. ryan5609

    Intel Core i5 3570 upgrade. Good buy or not worth it?

    I am upgrading my old Phenom II X6 1055T (running stock clocks) to a new Core i5 3570 (I did not get the "k" version because it was $30 more, and I dont intend to OC). I obviously upgraded the mobo and I also picked up a new XFX 7970 Black Edition, which is the main reason I decided to upgrade...
  14. G

    Drivers for sony vaio fz240e laptop

    Hello, why i cannot install my built-in cam for my VGN-FZ 240E LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 7 32BIT
  15. steven37

    Best of amd

    Whats amd's best Cpu out right now for gaming and HD video editing?
  16. M

    Iomega eGo HD not detected on Windows 7

    I've had the iOmega HD for a little over a year now. I have been using it on my Windows 7 laptop for that same amount of time and I've never had a problem. I plugged it into today and it didn't register/wasn't detected by my computer. I read online that you can go to device manager and give the...
  17. T

    What psu do I need

    Hi this is my first time building a computer and I need help determining what psu should I use. The specs are Intel pentium g870 3.1ghz GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V motherboard 2 4gb patriot gamer 2 1600ddr3 Hd radeon 6670 All I need is to know what psu I need to game on this computer with no problem
  18. G

    internet explorer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) My computer will not allow other users on my computer to run internet explorer. Please help. I can run internet explorer on my user name.
  19. B

    Windows 7 Recovery Disc

    This is a very simple question. Just bought a ASUS laptop with 7 home premiun 64 bit on it. I do have a Windows 7 Pro installation disc that I have for my scratch built desktop. Can I use that disc to reinstall windows on the laptop if need be and just use the license # from the laptop and I...
  20. G

    opening multi-session cds

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I'm trying to share a file with a friend who has Win XP (I have Win98) I can't get XP to allow me to open a earlier volume on the CD. Win 98 is an easy right click to properties to volume to the file name type...
  21. G

    XP Activation

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) PC came with XP pre-installed. Due to a very serious virus attack I was forced to repair the OS but unfortunately the users disk can't be found. Last resort - I ran my disk but tried the users registration code...
  22. G

    help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Hi all, I am using Microsoft Antispyware and when it asked me that there was file willing to access my computer I chose to block it. The name of the file given was completely unknown to me. It appeared later that I...
  23. X

    INtel Core 2 Duo 2.2 ghz E4500 overclocking

    I got INtel Core 2 Duo 2.2 ghz E4500 processor and gigabyte G41M-combo motherboard SO how much vcore and cpu terminater should i give to overclock my processor at 3.0ghz
  24. P

    Need Help Updating BIOS!

    Ok i got all the files from the website. They give little instructions. These are all the files that come with the update. http://gyazo.com/0e114de2c79a5a066454312182d950c2 One step they give me is to go into the DOS Image file and go to the file that formats my usb. this is what it looks...
  25. A

    The disk is write protected microsdhc memory card

    Hello,
  26. G

    CDKey Help

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have just broken my laptop computer but have kept my XP Pro licence ticker, Is it possible to use this CDKey on my Home Computer? How will I go about it? the licence hasn't connected to the net for a long time (not sure...
  27. J

    Dual Boot XP pro and XP 64bit ???

    I'm getting a A64 soon and was thinking about getting the 64bit beta of XP, but I heard you can only use it for a year, and cos it's a beta it's going to be buggy right? Is it possible to dual boot operating systems with XP or is that something that can only be done with NT4 and 2000. If it is...
  28. G

    Remote Assistance w/ SP2

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am having problems using remote assistance at an offsite location and I've reached sort of a dead end. I am able to connect to and remotely control my 2 Windows Server 2003 domain controllers through remote...
  29. B

    Sounds is faded in control panel

    i have no sound....when i go to control panel sounds....its all faded i can not turn the volume up....i also have no speaker icon
  30. P

    will this all fit well with the motherboard?

    Hello! I am building a new pc and I have all the parts chosen now, the only thing that I have a question about is if all the parts will fit/connect well with the mobo. I've looked at it but I'm still not sure if everything will fit. Thanks in advance here's what I am buying CPU: Intel Core...
  31. G

    temp

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I was checking my computer for viruses, I noticed that in my document, in the Temp Internet File directory was huge, its size was listed as 3.63GIGS with 175,000 files.Two question A is this normal and B: can I delete all...
  32. walidshady

    I5 2400 compatible motherboards

    Hello, so my rih would be like this : Intel core i5 2400 3.1 Ghz , HD 6870 or 7850 , 8 GB Corsair vengeance , and some sageate 500 GB hard drive , and my question is , what are the motherboards that could handle this rig good enough with zero problem ? asus , gigabyte , ASrock ... thanks
  33. P

    XP & SP2 Woes

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Yesterday I installed XP Pro on top of Win98 as I didn't want to lose all my stuff. It was working just fine. I then made the mistake of installing SP2. (The free CD from MS) It totally trashed Outlook Express. I lost all the...
  34. G

    How to get 2 lines of the Taskbar

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Sometimes my taskbar fills up because I have a large number of applications displayed and I have to click the up and down arrow to move from one line to another. I would prefer to have 2 lines of the taskbar...
  35. S

    Rate my rig

    heey guys, i am just wondering what the rest of the world thinks about my gaming rig. if you could, please rate my rig out of 10 stars. im running: -Spire x2 -Seasonic M12II-520 Bronze 520 Watt, 20+24 Pins -ASRock z77 Extreme 4 -Intel -i7-3770k 3.5GHz (OC to 4.2GHz) -Scythe Mugen 3 PC Gamer...
  36. G

    First buid

    CPU Model - AMD FX 4100 4-Core Processor, 3.6ghz 4 Socket AM3+ FD4100WMGUSBX Link - http://www.amazon.com/AMD-4-Core-Processor-Socket-FD4100WMGUSBX/dp/B005UBNL0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334232653&sr=8-1 Cost - $110 AMD Radeon HD 6790 PNY Optima 8GB DDR3 1333MHz $36.99 Hard Drive: Western...
  37. G

    unused icons in guest area

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) As administrator I have set up several areas for others to use on this computer. How do I delete unused icons in their areas from their desktop? I use many programs that they cannot access. I would like to set...
  38. G

    printer install error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) xppro - sp1 My Epson C40sx (parallel) printer is installed and works fine. It can be accessed by all four machines on my home network however the machine to which it is connected signals the following error message on each...
  39. G

    Adding Custom Menu Items to the Right-Click Menu

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?) I would like to add an item to the Right-Click menu...
  40. S

    Strange bug sound/lag at random times

    Hi! I've been looking for some months about this problem and still can't find anything, so I ask the community. Some months ago, I buyed a new computer : - intel Q9550 quad - DP45sg motherboard (which use IDT HD audio drivers) - 4 gig corsair ram - ATI HD4890 audio and video drivers are...