Opteron

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with Opteron.
  1. T

    New AsRock Extreme6 existing Win7 Partition Problem. HELP!

    I just purchased a new AsRock Extreme6 and have an existing Windows 7 partition on a Samsung 830 256GB SSD. I want to get it to boot into my old version of Win 7 without starting from scratch. How do I do this? When I select the Samsung 830 as my boot device it gives me the message: "Windows...
  2. D

    HX 520W Corsair and 4870 Question.

    Hi guys, I have a question. I'm wondering if an HX 520W Corsair PSU would be able to run a 4870 Graphics card without any problems. I'll also be running an E4600 overclocked from 2.4Ghz to 3.00GHz. Any advice is appreciated. Cheers
  3. K

    FEAR

    I have a question about FEAR. Great game, great graphics, very buggy. I would love some feedback to see if i'm the only one and it's my drivers/hardware or i'm not the only one and it's the game itself and it has cursed my pc! what happens is, is when i put the disc in or click the icon, the...
  4. ericeagle92

    Is this enough?

    I'm gonna get a 9800 GX2 and i got a 460 Watt power supply as well as a core 2 quad processor. is that enought power? NVIDIA says that i need more but i've heard people say that those estimates are way off. and what is overclocking exactly?
  5. W

    CPU for High(er) End Gaming Rig

    EVGA nvidia nforce 750i FTW - $150 from Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188026&Tpk=750i%20ftw Gold Award from [H]ardOCP http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ5NCw2LCxoZW50aHVzaWE= EVGA Geforce GTX 260 - $280 from Newegg (-$45 Combo deal)...
  6. K

    To Upgrade Or To Not Upgrade???

    Well I have a custom built PC running a 2.4 P4 OC'd to 3.0ghz, Radeon 9700 Pro and sadly 1 512mb and 1 256mb DDR266mhz Ram. The ram is also OC'd. Now would I gett better framerate in games if I upgraded to 2 512mb DDR400 modules??? Some games just seem like they should run better then what...
  7. G

    help

    i have a chromatic windmill full function fan controller but ware do i put the tempature sensers?
  8. C

    The Motherload - Which Board? Little Input Please =)

    Lots of ppl ask I know, I read the threads but decide just make own for my own PC. Im making a totally custom first timer. My CPU Future Basics: 3500 processor AMD (may be 3200 lowest, 3700 highest), 1 gig RAM, geforce 7800GT (havent decided yet on eVGA's or XFX...) What I'm looking for in...
  9. Z

    Quiet PC

    Any recommendations for a very quiet desktop. I'm looking for a quiet PSU and case fans I don't want to do any modifications I'm based in the UK Thanks
  10. A

    PIII Dual MB 1400 MHz

    Hello everybody, I know it does not sound very interresting anymore but I am looking for a dual MB which supports the PIII 1,4 GHz (server version). I was looking around but it is hard to find tests about that kind of boards anymore. Any help would be great! :)
  11. Seanydude678

    New System, Ratings and suggestions welcome and appreciated

    I'm planning on getting a new build soon, but I'm limited to about $650. I've done a ton of research and I think I have the best possible rig for the money. Hardware is as follows. Mobo- GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard $89.99...
  12. C

    ive got HD 3870 as a gift

    hi i am receiving the Radeon hd 3870 as a gift from a friend in this week what will you guys do ? as i feel its not the best card and i was planning to upgrade to 8800gts 512 and i will not resell this card its a gift but what will you do guys if you where me i still use x1650 and i think its...
  13. M

    Issues with Gigabyte and no video!

    First off, the hardware: GA-EP35C-DS3R 775 ATX Motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz Processor OCZ Platinum XTC Series 2GB PC-6400 DDR2 Revision 2 ram Visiontek Radeon HD 3850 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card Corsair HX Series 620 Watt ATX 12V Modular Power Supply The bottom line is I have no...
  14. Primal

    Will this motherboard limit me in the future?

    I am planning to use the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131806 It has enough PCI slots for my video card, but if I'm looking to upgrade in the future do you think the motherboard will limit me? If you want to suggest an alternative...
  15. B

    PSU died, can't figure out why

    My power supply died, and I can't figure out why, which is really bothering me because I'd like to know what not to do next time. That day, I actually didn't do much. I have a dual boot of Gentoo Linux and Windows. The day started out with Gentoo, and I have the whole beryl set-up, but it...
  16. A

    Advice please. Solid build?

    New to gaming on pcs and I am trying to build a decent rig for gaming that will last a bit and that I can upgrade in the future. My main purpose for the computer will be gaming, entertainment center, graphic design programs. I have every intention to utilize Eyefinity technology sometime in the...
  17. HotFoot

    AMD tanks? But sales are great!

    Article: "AMD Sees Steady Growth in All Computing Segments" http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5358 There seems to have been a lot of talk in the forums about AMD tanking lately, now that their architecture is the older one on the market. It seems their sales haven't been hit at...
  18. G

    got a raincheck for a 19" ws lcd on black friday. but.

    Its a westinghouse widescreen 19" lcd. its 500:1... 8ms.. its 149$ us..... I'm just wonder a few things... if its good enough to replace my 19" crt.... space IS AN ISSUE... I moved and where i put my 19" crt its tight, it rather something a little shorter and well thin, aka lcd... so i thought...
  19. T

    DDR or DDR2?

    I run a Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA/ D805 combo with two sticks of DDR. Im rebuilding my old system (Barton 2500/Asus Nforce3) and need a stick of ram for that. I can either just buy DDR or i can get some DDR2 for the new system and use the then redundant DDR from there, but i have no idea if upgrading...
  20. G

    Battery Hibernation Problem

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi all, I am having trouble with setting the hibernation when battery gets to 3%. I set this up in the power options and apply it, then when I go back to it, it has not applied it, but gone back to No Action. I have loads of space...