Opteron

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Opteron.
  1. F

    Intel to Aim At Mid Mkt Segment

    <A HREF="http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?datePublish=2003/08/07&pages=07&seq=41" target="_new"> Target: Lower Segment</A> The loving are the daring!
  2. H

    Upgrading and the future

    Like some of you here I'm plagued with an out of date system and am looking for a smart upgrade, and can't really decide on an AthlonXP now, or to wait and see about the Athlon64. I think there was a thread on this earlier but I'm still confused about several things. Will the first A64's use...
  3. V

    Upgrade

    I recently upgraded my Epox 8K7A mobo to an XP2200+. When it boots, it says "unknown CPU; 1.79GHz" I know that the actual clock speed is 1.8, but I want to know that my machine is recognizing and taking full advantage of the XP line. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
  4. F

    UV light damages plastic cables?

    Does anyone know if using a UC cold cathode will damage my plastic cables? I would also imagine that the UV responsive cables are worse. Any thoughts or experiences?
  5. Darkmatterx

    Xaser II & III cases. Any good? Quiet or Loud?

    I'm looking for a good case for the new system I'm looking at getting. First I was thinking black, but after seeing some of the silver cases I think thats the way I want to go. Probably the best LOOKING cases I've seen so far are the Xaser II and III cases. BUT, are they any good? And noise is...
  6. G

    WTB: Working Double DK PCB & Double DK marquee

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?) Hello, I'm looking for a working double Donkey Kong PCB and a double DK marquee. Reasonable price paid. Email me if you have either one to sell. Thanks in advance. Shawn
  7. G

    Mars is easily pleased

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Starting a new game as a Ranger, my first-ever sacrifice is a garter snake...and Mars gives me Orcrist. OK, not so impressive a gift, but who knew Mars was such a soft touch? Actually, of course, it's a bad thing - I get a...
  8. A

    Why wont my external hard drive format?

    Hello, I just got a samsung external hard drive, model F2 for 320 gb of space. I was able to use it fine, putting all of my old files on it and ready for transport. Then my Husband got ahold of it. He tried to load it up with his files off of his folder and it froze his computer. So he unplugged...
  9. G

    Advice on a new mobo...

    Hi folks, long time reader but new poster. I'm looking for input on a new mobo for a system I want to build (for myself). The message is lengthy, so if you're up for a challenge, read on... I used to build custom boxes for IBM some years ago, and I still build my own PCs, but I haven't really...
  10. K

    Dram or sdram??

    So I'm buying a msi g41m-p34 motherboard http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G41M-P34.html#/?div=Detail and it says it supports ddr3 memory, but its dram and most ram I see is sdram (like on newegg). Does it matter if I use dram or sdram? Also, this does use 240pin ram right? I'm not completely sure...
  11. I

    Saw this from Dave in B3D

    <A HREF="http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7942&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=28" target="_new">http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7942&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=28</A> Interesting... :wink:
  12. B

    Sleep Mode hang up

    Hello I built my system using Asus A7V board and AMD anthlon 1200 CPU and i'm running Windows 98 SE. My problem is that after being in standby for a few hrs, the system will lock up when i try waking it up. The hd ide light comes on and then it just freezes. I've installed the latest bios A7V...
  13. A

    AMD EQUIPMENT TRADING!

    I am posting this here because no one looks at the Classifieds, and I would prefer to sell it here instead of eBay. I need to sell or trade the following: 2600+ 333MHz FSB Athlon XP Processor, Retail, been used for 5 days 2 sticks of 512MB Corsair XMS PC2700 Low Latency Matched RAM used for 5...
  14. S

    HTPC motherboard

    I am wanting to take advantage of Intel's Quick Sync technology, but unfortunately found out that my P8P67 isn't compatible, although the i3 2100 CPU is. With that in mind what would be the best option for an Z68 motherboard that would get me the compatibility I am looking for? Would like to...
  15. G

    Optical Audigy Connections

    I have just gotten an audigy card and am very impressed with the quality of the card. However, my current wireing probably leaves a bit to be desired. Has anyone used optical cables to connect their audigy to their amp? Is there a noticeable performance improvement? I am thinking since I...
  16. K

    Is intel core 2 dual also called i3

    is itel 2nd generation core 2 dual processors also called i3
  17. J

    Processor design

    Can some one explain something for me? Well remember the older athlons and p3's than used a slot instead of a socket? Why did they stop making the cpu's this way? It seems like it would be Ideal for keeping them cool because there are 2 more sides and much more surface area. It seem like...
  18. euphoria4949

    BenQ XL2411T vs XL2420T whats the difference??

    Hi guys, I'm looking to order my new monitor asap so I've been looking around for a nice 120hz one and I keep being drawn to these 2. But for the life of me I can't work out why there is a £50/£60 price difference between them! Anyone got any ideas??? Also one slightly weird thing I've noticed...
  19. M

    Bluetooth is not working on HP 630 for windows 8 pro

    After installing windows 8 pro 64 bit,my generic Bluetooth adapter has reported errors.What I can do for solve this problem.Pls help me.Thanks
  20. E

    Help picking out new LCD Monitor.

    im basically just looking for the best monitor for gaming.. i want a monitor that can handle fast and sharp movements on the games that i play.. im still using a CRT monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 997MB) so i only know what "Hertz" are.. i dont know anything about what "MS" is for LCD Monitors so...
  21. G

    AMD optimum temperature

    Hi Anyone know what average temperature an AMD 1400 Thunderbird should be running at. Not overclocked. Mine's running around 90 which I think could be just tad too high!! Frederick
  22. G

    The grinch who stole my FPS

    My father unexplicably purchased a new p4 1.8 ghz processor, 512 megs of samsung pc400 rambus, a new intel d850mv motherboard, jaxtor geforce 2 and a new a-pro case and p4 power supply. Over the weekend, I camped out at his house and installed all the components, using the primary ide for the hd...
  23. arcticle

    Great deal on monitor - but is it good for gaming?

    Here's the monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-236-174&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo What do you think? Is it good for gaming? Will my...
  24. enewmen

    How to get Win 8 Pro for $39.99? Burn & save.

    Hi all. I will buy (build) a new PC early next year. So, how can I buy Win 8 Pro now at a low price. Download the ISO. Burn the ISO to a DVD. Then Install later when I have the new build. I found the upgrade assistant, but I think that will want me to install NOW and does not have any...
  25. R

    Combination of motherboard and Celeron

    Looking for a combination of motherboard and celeron. Any suggestion, looking for the best value, best performance, best stability after overclocking, best overclocking ability, I mean the best that you think, not PIII please.
  26. J

    Athlon XP 1800+ at 1.1 GHz?

    Hi all, I just bought the components of a new computer, including an Athlon XP 1800+ and an Epox 8KHA+ motherboard. Friday morning I took it into a local shop for them to put together and picked it up Friday night. When I got home and turned it on, Windows Control Panel > System Info was...
  27. G

    atlonxp1600,xp1700 u see difference?

    im planning to buy a new XP processor from atlon but the price are justified?between the 1600+ and the 1700+,does i got a real boost of power for the price,does ill pay for nothing?plz help
  28. G

    Sound.

    Ok this isn't the right section but there's no one around the sound - nothings movin'. So I thought I'ed ask you guys. Has any one ever heard of the Echo Mia sound card. I'm after a system which I can record from my mixer into the computer and have been informed thats this is probably the best...
  29. G

    FIC SD-11 and 950MHz Athlon???

    Does anyone know if a FIC SD-11 can be successfully upgraded to a 950 MHz Athlon CPU? I've got an SD-11 with a 500MHz that's 18 months old and recently tried installing a new 950 MHz cpu. The Bios identifies it as an 800 MHz chip but SYSID by Morf shows it running at 950. However, a SETI...
  30. G

    Buying new Speakers , Sound Card... Request Help!

    I want to buy a new soundcard to replace my SB Live! Value ... im looking to compile a sound system that i can listen to on my computer, and connect it to my TV for future surrond sound DVD viewing I am thinking about buying the new Audigy card and i want to buy the new Logitech Z-560's . the...
  31. H

    A7V133... confused here

    I was searching for the latest bios update on the asus web site and it lists: VIA® KT133A Chipset A7V133 (4 PCI, 266/200MHz FSB, UltraDMA/100, AMR, multi-USB, ATX) and VIA® KT133 Chipset A7V (5 PCI, 200MHz FSB, UltraDMA/100, AMR, multi-USB, ATX) While I am sure I have an A7v133, I do...
  32. R

    How to reset epson stylus c20sx

    Hello, my epson stylus c20sx printers green and red ligts blinks alternately what would be the problem
  33. I

    Windows 8 activation

    dear friends I have ordered an oem version of windows 8 pro a couple of days ago as they are giving it as a promotional offer and its affordable. right now im using windows 7 in my 3 year old system and planning to build a new system in about 10 months time. can I keep this windows 8 copy and...
  34. Jay-Z

    Thin Monitor

    I'm looking for a basic thin panel monitor. No stand, just a screen with inputs on the bottom and as thin as possible. Any help at all will be appreciated.
  35. R

    G33 g31 express chipset win8 64 bit driver

    dear send me driver for windows 8
  36. G

    Scared Stiff / Elvira Skull Topper

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Just in case anyone is interested, I have created a skull topper for Scared Stiff and Elvira and The Party Monsters pinball games. These really do look cool. I made up five of them after making the prototype for my game. I just posted them on...
  37. P

    Thread

    Hello, hello, sir can i install windows 8 on compaq presario CQ42
  38. G

    New Thunderbird 850 system is dead?!

    My roommate recently purchased a brand new Thunderbird 850 and a Abit-Kt7A motherboard, 192M PC 100 RAM, brand new case w/a 300W power supply, plugged everything together and it won't even boot up to a start up screen. It turns on, the fan on the CPU switches over, the hard drives start to spin...
  39. G

    c800A w/ Abit BX6rev2

    Does anyone know. I would like to upgrade my cpu from c400 to c800A running with a 100 MHz FSB. I own an ABIT BX6 rev 2 mainboard. Although there are bios patches for p3 cpus used with this m/b there is nothing for c700+ (66 FSB) or c800 yet at the abit web site. I have emailed Abit but they...
  40. G

    P4 vs. Athlon CoNtiNuEd

    "Intel's New Pentium 4 Processor" This has been driving me crazy for some time now. P4 vs. Athlon. Lets get some things straight! Athlon is a RISC processor, and I think all Pentiums are CISC. That should tell you why AMD has it better in the long run. Mac processors have been RISC, and...