Stylus

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Stylus.
  1. G

    How to access drive when startup freezes

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot the neighbors Win XP system; two error windows come up during startup: 1) Mentions that "Nail.exe" is not a valid program (I've looked up and found it's spyware) 2)...
  2. Tsukuyomi0101

    How is this build for a mid-level PC

    Total Cost: Rougly 1400 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H CPU: i5-2500K GPU: 7950 3GB PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W [This one was most for aesthetics] RAM: Patriot Gamer Series 2 8GB [2x4GB] SSD:Mushkin 70GB HARD DRIVE: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM Apevia Case that ive ordered some non-stock fans...
  3. B

    HTPC Owners, some advice

    I am about to put together my first HTPC using some components I could not stand to get rid of. Here is what I am planning on using. Intel I5-750 (One of the best binned chips possible, ran constantly for 3 years @ 3.96 ghz at 1.195 volts) 8gb DDR 1600 EVGA P55 MB 3 TB WD Green Drive 2x...
  4. A

    120hz in 1080p?

    I've a 3D monitor that ofc have 120hz. In nvidia control panel I cannot use 120hz together with HD 1080p with res 1920x1080, I can only use 60hz with that setting. But I can use 120hz in PC with res 1920x1080. Help please! My GF card: Gigabyte Geforce 460 Os : Win7
  5. J

    Marantz pmd670 won't power on

    I have a Marantz PMD670 that has worked fine for several years. Suddenly it just won't power on. I've changed the AA batteries and made sure the contacts are clean. I've tried it with and without the DC plugged in. Key lock is off. It won't even respond to the Display or Light buttons. Is...
  6. E

    Compaq nx 6110 sound drivers for win 7

    am desperately in need of this driver
  7. X

    Is my drive about to fail?

    Ive been having problems booting and I have also had to repair windows as well. OCZ agility 3 128GB SMART Data Model Number: OCZ-AGILITY3 Serial Number: OCZ-O94H54T915FLY9FL WWN: 5e83a97ec4135665 ID ATTRIBUTE STATUS VALUE WORST THRESHOLD...
  8. L

    Checking out HDDs

    Hello, I have about a dozen or so HDDs and before I throw them out I would like to test them if still good or bad. Neiyher one ofcourse will boot my PC but there should be a way of testing them. Is there? Thanks.
  9. Mudhauler

    Sony str-de675

    Hi everyone, new to the group... Hope someone might have a thought on this; the unit I have has developed a PROBLEM, wonder of wonders, the volume goes up and down on it's owne, as if something inside is heating up and cooling down. I have carefully cleaned and tightened all connections ...
  10. P

    Floppy drive green activity light on after bootup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) My floppy (3.5 inch, 1.44 MB, drive A) always has the green busy light on at the completion of a bootup. If I insert a disk, then remove it, the light goes off and stays off unless I reinsert and use another floppy disk...
  11. G

    MS auto-updates

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) It seems that recently, a great amount of pop-up, ads, etc have been slipping into the updates that MS sends out. My 2 AV programs seem to be catching most of them (?) but I would like to turn off the auto-update process...
  12. B

    Tv repair trouble shooting

    TV was working fine. Set was turned off. When it eas turned back on there was only a single line in the middle. The sound works and i can change the channel. replaced it with another tv and it works fine. Is the picture tube gone?
  13. G

    HD TV Comcast

    Comcast is my cable provider and I have an HDTV but I have not converter box. The only stations I get in HD are NBC,ABC& FOX. To get the other stations do I need to rent a converter box from comcast? Or can I buy one the TV I have is a Samsung 50in. Thanks
  14. S

    Aztech DSL600ER Router

    OK ... I'am a new member and hope to you that you can help me ... I am having troble with my Aztech's DSL600ER Router which is have 4 ethernet port so i can have a network. But that not a problem .... My problem is, when I open my router and computers, the power light is red ( which mean it not...
  15. B

    Diagnosing dead GPU

    Hi all. A coworker gave me her laptop to bring home and diagnose. Upon booting, the computer had no display at all. First I tried the battery trick- unplug power, remove battery, hold power button 30-60sec, plug power in and boot. That proved worthless. I tried connecting an external monitor and...
  16. T

    Logitech z506 won't play surround sound

    I just bought the Logitech Z506 5.1 speaker system, and I can't get it to play through all 5 speakers. I use my laptop, which has 2 audio jacks (there's a microphone jack too, I didn't try to plug it in there), so I can only plug in 2 of the 3 cables. The speakers are supposed (I think) to...
  17. PCtechie

    Good High Def Camcorder

    I am in the market for a good HD camcorder. Any recommendations on a good one to buy? I have been looking at JVC's and Sony's, but I am open to other suggestions. I also want to stick with one that has a built in HDD. I will be using it inside and outside quite a bit.
  18. G

    Startup items

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) After installing an update to my video driver, the system32 folder opens by itself upon startup every single tim ei use the computer. I went into the startup options by running msconfig, but can't figure out...
  19. G

    upgrading to windows xp

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) i have windows 98 on my computer can i restore my computer with xp from disks from a new computer? if not how do i upgrade? thanx
  20. Travis4261

    Is this the right card for me / New card install preparations

    1. So I have narrowed my search down to this very highly rated card and a company I personally Like/Trust. Before I shell out the $250.00 I'd like to get some feedback as to if there is a better card or any thing I should consider before I buy this IE motherboard incompatibilities, power supply...
  21. G

    XP Desktop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I want to be able to display the windows operating system and version on my desktop, can this be done by enabling an item in the registery or in windows
  22. B

    Outlook express export

    m trying to export my address book in OE to a new pc. But its not letting me because my default mail client is not activated. When I go to options and in general tab its showing the option to make OE my default mail client is ghosted. Does anyone know how to unghost this?
  23. G

    Which Firewall?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Hello, Just got my new Dell 510 laptop - it came with the Nortons internet security suit CD (90 days expiry). However, the Nortons seemed resource hungry and my system was slow. (Then again I was more used to my P4 (1g...
  24. C

    Upgrade

    Hello, I'm wanting to upgrade my graphics card. my mother board is a Asrock AMD Socket AM2 / AM3 / DDR2 DDR3 Motherboard N68C-S-UCC and my processor is AMD PHENOM II X4 840 3.2GHZ QUAD CORE CPU PROCESSOR AM3 and my graphics card iv got in now is a Sapphire HD 6570 2GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E...
  25. B

    Pny gtx 560 ti for sale

    Hello I have a gtx 560ti that I just got back from pny. I had to rma it. I only want $170 plus shipping. Need to buy another 570.
  26. lee-gamer

    Can I upgrade my Pentum D to a C2D?

    Does it really worth to Upgrade to a Core 2 Duo E8000 series or the Core 2 Quad Q9000 series? Presently I'm using a Gigabyte 945PL-S3 motherboard, a 7600 GS PCI-E card. But I'm upgrading to an Asus P5Q-E motherboard and a Sapphire HD 4870. I'll have also change the PSU. Haven't yet received...
  27. M

    Selling 2 (Two) GTX 295's, $125 USD Each OBO

    I have two perfectly working GTX 295's (Zotac) that I'm looking to sell because I don't need them anymore; I've recently upgraded to two GTX 670's and I'm happy, so I'm selling these for a low price (no matter what you want to think, $125 for these cards is still cheap, I searched through the...