Question 1 long beep, 2 short beeps, no video

RedoxSRB

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I left my PC running while i slept, i woke up and it was off, after powering it on it started beeping, I've tried many fixes but nothing helped.

Behaviour

The beeps start a second after i press the power button, the heatsink fan, power supply fan and gpu fans power on, i get no video at all, the gpu fans stop spinning and slowly slow down until fully stopping, this happens almost immediately after powering on, the power light and an orange light are on on the pc. The pc doesn't shut off

Components

Asus Prime A320M-K (2 ram slots, both taken)
Nvidia 1050ti 4gb
Kingston 4+8gb DDR4 ram, worked for 2 years without issues
Ryzen 3 1200, no integrated gpu so i cannot test if the gpu is the issue

Attempted fixes

Trying all ram combinations
Reseating the GPU
Resetting CMOS
Unplugging everything but the power cable

I am stuck, i don't know what to do, my only guess is that the mobo died as both ram sticks dying at the same time seems less likely to me, and the gpu would show signs od dying before it did that, but it was fine. I posted under ram as that is the ram error code for my mobo.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
memory errors can be in three places, the RAM of course, the motherboard, or the CPU. the CPU houses the memory controller, and the motherboard connects the RAM and CPU.
do you have another system you can test the RAM on.
you have tried with one stick?
at this point a spare part is needed for more testing either RAM or a system to test your RAM in.

what is your power supply? poor out of spec power can overtime damage components.

RedoxSRB

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
memory errors can be in three places, the RAM of course, the motherboard, or the CPU. the CPU houses the memory controller, and the motherboard connects the RAM and CPU.
do you have another system you can test the RAM on.
you have tried with one stick?
at this point a spare part is needed for more testing either RAM or a system to test your RAM in.

what is your power supply? poor out of spec power can overtime damage components.
I just spoke with someone and im suspecting that i had power fluctuations, that my ram died and maybe something else along with it, it was a psu that came with the case, i had to go with that since my budget was fairly limited, i unfortunately dont have spare parts but i sent messages to a few friends to see if they had spare or working ram that i could use to test the rest of my components, my biggest fear is that the majority of my components were damaged and i am beginning to suspect that that is the case.

RedoxSRB

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
My train of thought is that if the other ram modules fix it, it was just the ram, if it doesnt fix it its possibly the motherboard and maybe the ram, luckily my motherboard isnt expensive so i could replace it, ram, not as much, im praying its just the ram or just the motherboard but i could have damaged the motherboard, the ram, cpu and gpu at the same time and that thought just scares me.