Oct 20, 2019
Okay so my gpu went 90c once due to me stupidly not enabling vsync and gpu pushing 230 fps in a game(i also smelled a little bit burning smell i think). So the problem is that after the incident my gpu is giving more than expected temps like for ex in batman ak it went around 60c to 65c on my current settings and now after the incident its going 80c under same conditions and its normal temps were 40c before and now it idles at 50c. Is my gpu dying?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread with troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? How is the airflow in your chassis setup? Ambient air temps? Might also want to find the source of the smell/smoke.

Oct 20, 2019
When posting a thread with troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? How is the airflow in your chassis setup? Ambient air temps? Might also want to find the source of the smell/smoke.
I'm sorry for that, first post here and here are my specs
CPU: ryzen 5 1400
Motherboard: msi B450 pro m2
Ram: 8gb Corsair vengeance
SSD/HDD: 1x seagate 160gb sata 1, 1x wd 1tb blue sata 3
GPU: zotac gtx 1050ti mini single fan
PSU: antec 450w
Chassis: its not even mentinable an old one i pulled out from storage room

Psu is about 2 years old and gpu too bought'em together. Airflow is you can say almost null I have no fans i have yet to buy a new chassis, i run my setup with one panel open(typical Indian no money setup XD) . Ambient air temp would be about 25c to 35c. Smell was i think from the gpu since it stopped once gpu cooled down a bit. Am i in trouble with the gpu? Also i have left it running in the morning for download its been an hour now initially it was about 40c for gpu ill update if it gets higher again

EDIT 1: Okay im getting frustrated and a little bit scared now, i found one more issue that my monitor just randomly turns black and goes to sleep while gaming whereas PC still keeps running. this is only happening while gaming. i dont know whats happening but im feeling bad since im not in a position for my graphics card to die. cant afford a new one right now. also earlier i plugged my PC into my TV and ran it for hours without such issue but only higher temps, I hope its my hdmi to vga adapter or monitor and not the GPU. Pls help

EDIT2: Ok so after a little more research i found the issue to be occuring when gpu went upto/above 70c while gaming, and now im pretty much sure this gpu is done for ☹. Well i also came around a post mentioning that windowed/windowed fullscreen fixed the issue tried that and issue did not occur for about an hour or so but issue still occured once while windowed fullscreen, also i think its all related to that burning smell i think something is fried but not critically so its working but not at full potential. Can anyone provide some info related to warranty for zotac in india

Last edited: