May 9, 2021
A little bit background: I purchased this 1070 mini as a second-handed, the warranty ended in 8/2020. I also pruchased a cheap Chinese monitor with no website or link whatsoever. The monitor require me to have both VGA and HDMI cable plugged in but due to the fact 1070 mini only have DP, HDMI and DVI-D port and some poor decisions making, I bought 2 signal converter (DP to HDMI, HDMI to VGA). The PC run flawlessly for 5 months with occasionally heavy gaming with lighter gaming and browsing session. One day I decided to install some crack game out of internet and weird stuff happen: freezing, sudden restart. After uninstalling all the crack games, my PC was still freezing so I reboot it and suddenly my screen glitches out as I was just browsing the internet, once again I reboot and everything was normal again until it freezed, again. Eventually I uninstalled all program as well as reset my PC. However, even after I have reset my PC and was reinstalling all my games on Steam and Epic Games, it freezed, once again. Now I did the "normal" troubleshooting method (Basically just doing what the monitor manual told me to do first time connecting and I have done this every time I have problem with PC not outputting and it have history of not working from time to time) and it didn't work. I noticed that the powerplug powering the monitor was hot and I left it to cool for 20 mins. After that I went back, did the same troubleshooting method and boot up my PC again, this time it is working fine and I'm installing some games back at the time of writing this thread

TLDR: Weird stuff happened to second-handed 1070 mini after (?) installing crack game. (The reason why it is urgent is because I have to attend online class and can not possibly wait any longer, mobile phone is an alternative though I would very much prefer my PC and all I need now is a confirmation whether it is a software or hardware issues. Thank you!)

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
sometime reset is not enough if you have malware. do a fresh os install
and stop pirating software

I know I will not pirating any software. But fresh OS install? Like wiping out completely my C drive?

I also want to do a follow up, the PC was running fine when I first posted this until now, it just restart itself and freeze in the BIOS phase. I restarted it and it freeze after it loaded Wins. Still software issue? I would happily do any reset to factory as long as it keeps my PC running. Btw I did a quick training on CSGO before it did all of this so I'm so worry that my GPU is dying

Reactions: spentshells
May 9, 2021
Update: After the next 2 freezes, my PC is no longer outputting any signal although the GPU fans are still spinning upon starting up. For the past few hours, I let my PC mostly idle and downloading games without problems, I tried to download some ganes from Epic Games next and this happens. Despite that, it is common for my monitor to not pick up signal from my PC after unplugging or sudden restart, don't know why but it could be Chinese [languauge]since all of that had happened before this fateful day. I do not have an extra monitor nor cables to test things.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 9, 2021
Full spec: I3-10100F (Cooled by Deepcool GAMMAX 400), Asrock H410-M HDV, 500W Aerocool VX Plus Series (VX-500), 16GB of GSkill DDR4-2666 RAM, 1070 Mini Zotac, 500GB WD HDD, 120 GB SSDx2. Monitor: Skyview 20" LED 1600×900 res.

I also noticed when you plug the PC in but doesnt have it on, you feel a little shock as you rest your arm on top of the case. When I start it up, fans, keyboard, mouse, headset and GPU fans works fine, HDD makes normal booting up and turning off sounds, just no display.

Last edited: