1080 ti for Ethereum mining with only one 8 pin cable

k.oksuzoglu

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
Can i run it 1080ti with only one 8 pin cable for eth mining with low wattage (75 watt for example)?
Also i am curious few things. How much watts use 1 riser and how much can carry sata and molex cable ?

Solution
^ plainly he doesn't ;-)

k.oksuzoglu - the 1070 is stronger for mining than the 1080 or 1080ti.
I believe even the 1060 is to be honest.

This is the reason that those two card have not seen the huge price increases that the mid range cards have.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the card takes more power thatn a single 8-pin can give. that's why there are other connections.

you can't run it without the full power it needs. trying to use some mix of adapters is not the answer either. the psu knows it can;t provide that power or it would have been designed with multiple 8-pin connections. can jerry rig together some adapters to create an 8-pin but that does not mean the psu can supply the power. adapters do not create power and can't make a low power psu all of a sudden a high power one

so no you can't run it with only half power. not designed that way.

k.oksuzoglu

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017

But you can run GPU with setting up to low watt with software or OS. For example ASUS P106 100 GPU . You can run it with 50 Watt with msi afterburner or simpleminingOS. just like that can i decrase power for ti? I think it is not necessary to run with full power.

^ plainly he doesn't ;-)

k.oksuzoglu - the 1070 is stronger for mining than the 1080 or 1080ti.
I believe even the 1060 is to be honest.

This is the reason that those two card have not seen the huge price increases that the mid range cards have.

Solution