[SOLVED] 1FPS on RTX 3090 and i9-9900K

tonightyou

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2015
Hello all,

So I have some issues i've been trying to figure out for over a month now, figured its time i asked the professionals. I have been experiencing unplayable lag on some games (BF5, Forza Horizon 4, ect..). When i start the game, I immediately get 1FPS and am forced to ALT F4, I noticed that when I ALT TAB out of the game and go back it, i get 60FPS+ but a second later it goes back to 1 FPS. I've managed a workaround some games where if the game is not in fullscreen it runs perfectly fine, other games still lag no matter what, and other games don't lag at all. I have tried updating windows, updating bios, updating all drivers for the system, tried putting the games on different drives (HDD, SATA SSD, M.2 SSD) and all of them were the same. Any guidance would be extremely helpful, thank you guys!

Specs:
i9-9900K
64GB G. Skill Trident Z Royal 3200MHz
Aorus RTX 3090 Master
Aorus Z390 Elite
EVGA SuperNova G3 850w PSU

Primary Monitor: Dell 32in 2K 165Hz
Secondary Monitor: Samsung 27in 4K 60Hz

Solution
  • Uninstall all the tuning software you might have (Afterburner and similar).
  • Reboot
  • Clean all drivers DDU -> reboot to safe mode etc. (This will remove profiles too if any)
  • Reboot
  • Install latest driver from scratch
  • Reboot
  • Create profiles for your apps/games
  • Enjoy
  • Reboot
  • Clean all drivers DDU -> reboot to safe mode etc. (This will remove profiles too if any)
  • Reboot
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy

Solution

tonightyou

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2015
  • Reboot
  • Reboot
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy
Thank you! I just read about how to do the DDU, that’s something I haven’t heard of before but it looks promising. But what do you mean about profiles for games and such? Like saved games, progress in games, ect?