[SOLVED] 2 fans on 1 CPU header [Msi gaming 970] Will i destory my header?

lordtristan28

Reputable
Feb 4, 2018
As the title says, im looking to connect 2 120mm fans to 1 4 pin CPU fan header.
I see a lot of people saying each fan header can take up to 1 amp of power before it being a issue.
Should i be alright to connect 2 fans to 1 cpu header?

I'm looking to hook 2 arctic 120mm 4 pin fans up to my hyper 212 black CPU cooler.
Each fan is rated at 0.25 amps PER fan, so that would be 0.50 amps total, and if the cpu header can handle up to 1 amp. That should be alright, right?

I might of just answered my own question. But i want to make sure i'm not missing something, thanks so much!

Solution
That should be totally fine so long as you are using a PWM fan splitter cable to do it. Technically you can generally connect up to three fans per fan header on just about any motherboard, but I never recommend using more than two, just to be safe.
That should be totally fine so long as you are using a PWM fan splitter cable to do it. Technically you can generally connect up to three fans per fan header on just about any motherboard, but I never recommend using more than two, just to be safe.

Solution