Question 2 ram slots doesn't seem to work

Sep 19, 2019
Hello

A while back the pc didnt wanna start so I removed 1 out of 3 ram to fix it but I would really need to get the 3rd one working again. My MB is a Asus B85M-G. Its the black ram slots that seems to be working and the yellow ones seems to not work.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Have you verified it is the slots specifically not working or the modules themselves?
What RAM modules do you have - I'm going to guess mixed if you have 3 modules?
Have you changed anything recently?
have you recent CMOS?

if it is specifically a channel of RAM not working, then what CPU cooler do you have? Sometimes excess pressure from the cooler to the CPU can cause RAM slots to fault.

Sep 19, 2019
Hello
Yes I have tried all ram stick by them selves and also all 3 in all the ram slots so the ram sticks all work.
I have 1 hyperx and 2 crucial ballistic x, all three are 4gb and 1600mhz

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
And you've definitely verified the slots don't work at all, at any point? as the mixed RAM modules can also cause an issue. Mixed RAM is not guaranteed compatibility.

Equally if it is a specific set of RAM slots never working, what cooler do you have?

Sep 19, 2019
It worked when I first got the 3rd ram stick but then it just stopped working so I had to take it out. I have tried every possible config i can think of and its only two ram sticks in the black slots that work

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It worked when I first got the 3rd ram stick but then it just stopped working so I had to take it out. I have tried every possible config i can think of and its only two ram sticks in the black slots that work
if it is specifically a channel of RAM not working, then what CPU cooler do you have? Sometimes excess pressure from the cooler to the CPU can cause RAM slots to fault.