[SOLVED] 2070 super, displayport to DVI, no 144hz???

Chris_264

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
My monitor doesn't have displayport, but my new 2070 doesn't support DVI-D. went out and purchased a tripp-lite DP to DVI adapter, which worked just fine for 1080p@60hz.
Reinstalled drivers, still couldn't find 144hz in display settings.
Went into nvidia control panel to set a custom resolution of 1080p @144, which proceeded to black my screen out and keep me in a signal loop.

My issue is, how the heck do I get this thing to work with 144hz?

Solution
you will need true dual dvi-d active adapter to get 144Hz, there is tons of fake ones
please read
you will need true dual dvi-d active adapter to get 144Hz, there is tons of fake ones
please read

Solution

Chris_264

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
please read

Aren't active converters/adapters that support 144hz without quality loss extremely expensive?
What are some decent cheaper options for adapters?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Aren't active converters/adapters that support 144hz without quality loss extremely expensive?
What are some decent cheaper options for adapters?

Nature of beast im afraid. Glenwing, the author of the guide has done the work and linked tested adapters. They are expensive so if you do get an adapter instead of a new screen then you know they'll work. There may be cheaper out there but it'll be a risk.