[SOLVED] 2nd PC to encode streams. Need help with parts

Servs

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
I want to offload encoding of 1080p60 streams and videos to a 2nd pc setup.

Im trying not to spend alot on this second pc, maybe around $600 MAX, and im wondering if it would be better to use x264 Medium with a high core count modern CPU or buy a turing card and do NVENC new. I already have an elgato hd60 pro and am using a Yamaha MG10XU mixer so beyond that any parts, whatever is recommended.

What route is better and good parts list?

Solution
A lot of streamers are moving to using a Turing card for NVENC encoding. Unless you're really set on doing a 2nd PC setup, it may be worth looking into investing that money into a nice GPU and doing the encoding there. From the videos I've watched and reviews I've read, it seems like a higher end (RTX 2070 Super, RTX 2080, RTX 2080 Super, RTX 2080 TI) GPU can run your games at 1080p60 and do the encoding without any issues. If you already have a higher end nVidia GPU, give NVENC encoding a try.

That being said, if you are set on doing 2 PCs, pick something with high speed and lots of cores.

L0N3STARR

Reputable
Feb 20, 2020
twitch.tv
A lot of streamers are moving to using a Turing card for NVENC encoding. Unless you're really set on doing a 2nd PC setup, it may be worth looking into investing that money into a nice GPU and doing the encoding there. From the videos I've watched and reviews I've read, it seems like a higher end (RTX 2070 Super, RTX 2080, RTX 2080 Super, RTX 2080 TI) GPU can run your games at 1080p60 and do the encoding without any issues. If you already have a higher end nVidia GPU, give NVENC encoding a try.

That being said, if you are set on doing 2 PCs, pick something with high speed and lots of cores.

Solution