[SOLVED] 3070 is always on boost ?

Aug 13, 2021
Hello there!
Could somebody please help me understand how msi afterburner works? The matter is I undervolted my inno3d 3070 x4, since stock settings was like a furnace, about 1.1volts/1800mhz. I undervolted it to 0.9 1865mhz. Everything is fine beside my card is always at boost, even while working on docx it has 0.9v 1865mhz. Can I set somewhere some kind of dynamic mode? Like you set it for cpu in bios.
P.S. Really sorry for my “bed england”, “I’m from somalia, I selled my wife for this gpu”.
P.P.S Temps are fine, the only thing that bothers me that its always boosted and therefore fanstop doesnt work

Solution
In the Nvidia Control panel you have under Performance/Power settings, Maximum is often default so the card runs like a robbers dog all the time, Adaptive lets the card go into idle state, the fans stop, clocks drop and only ramps up when needed, Energie saving mode is..... well explains itself really. Also in Adaptive mode there is really no need to undervolt as it drops anyway when it is only being used for the desktop signal and not under any load. This is not an MSI Afterburner issue and it can not be adjusted by it...... The green Nvidia Control Panel is the key...
Hello there!
Could somebody please help me understand how msi afterburner works? The matter is I undervolted my inno3d 3070 x4, since stock settings was like a furnace, about 1.1volts/1800mhz. I undervolted it to 0.9 1865mhz. Everything is fine beside my card is always at boost, even while working on docx it has 0.9v 1865mhz. Can I set somewhere some kind of dynamic mode? Like you set it for cpu in bios.
P.S. Really sorry for my “bed england”, “I’m from somalia, I selled my wife for this gpu”.
P.P.S Temps are fine, the only thing that bothers me that its always boosted and therefore fanstop doesnt work
Afterburner for some reason won't let you set the fans lower than 30% so if you are looking for 0 RPM I don't think that will happen using Afterburner. Also, I hope you were joking about your wife.

In the Nvidia Control panel you have under Performance/Power settings, Maximum is often default so the card runs like a robbers dog all the time, Adaptive lets the card go into idle state, the fans stop, clocks drop and only ramps up when needed, Energie saving mode is..... well explains itself really. Also in Adaptive mode there is really no need to undervolt as it drops anyway when it is only being used for the desktop signal and not under any load. This is not an MSI Afterburner issue and it can not be adjusted by it...... The green Nvidia Control Panel is the key...

Solution
Aug 13, 2021
Does your card have a dual Bios switch on the side? Is it set to the more aggressive Bios and fan curve?
No, it's single-bios. I googled it a little a while ago, by default it doesn't have a fanstop, chip-wise maybe, but you can stop the fans via the inno3D software, but the temps go really crazy even while browsing chrome, like 60 degrees for idle and you have to monitor it, cuz it won't start them automatically and it has more priority than afterburner, so I don't really use it. I can live with the spinning fans, it's not so loud, what bothers me that it's always boosted with my undervolt, the chip never goes down, only a little higher, like in some games it can be 0.9v 1900mhz

Aug 13, 2021
Afterburner for some reason won't let you set the fans lower than 30% so if you are looking for 0 RPM I don't think that will happen using Afterburner. Also, I hope you were joking about your wife.
I can live with the spinning fans, but can I somehow set the chip to adaptive mode, so it won't be always boosted at 0.9v 1865 mhz?