Jul 6, 2022
I just bought a new EVGA 3080ti (XC3 Hybrid) a few months ago. It was silent at first, but it's been steadily getting louder. I'm fairly certain it's not coil whine. It's not a high-pitched electrical sound. It sounds more like something touching a fan, even when the fan isn't spinning. It starts the moment I turn on the computer and never stops. I've tried checking all connections, moving it to the other PCI slot, and removing the GPU entirely (the only time there was silence). The heatsink is mounted at the top of the case, so there shouldn't be air bubbles in the pump.

Here's a recording of the sound from about 6 inches away.

Product page on Amazon

Any idea what this sound might be and what I can do to fix it?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How is the radiator mounted in your case/build? Might want to include some images or a video with audio clip of your system and/or it's innards. Use a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a tube and hold one end of the tube to your ear. Use the other end to narrow down the source of the noise. See if it's coming from the pump chamber in the GPU.

Jul 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How is the radiator mounted in your case/build? Might want to include some images or a video with audio clip of your system and/or it's innards. Use a sheet of A4 paper, roll it into a tube and hold one end of the tube to your ear. Use the other end to narrow down the source of the noise. See if it's coming from the pump chamber in the GPU.
Ope, sorry! Here's a video.

I tried the rolled-up paper trick and narrowed it down to this area.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well now...
If stopping every fan in the PC - one at a time - didn't do it, there's still one other part with a motor/moving parts: the Hybrid's pump. Something may be stuck in the impeller, and if true, you'd be best to return the gpu to EVGA and request a repair* or swap.
[I don't know if they'd actually bother, since most AIOs aren't designed for repair. They'll probably just replace the AIO part entirely.]

The circled area is where one set of power phases is located.