Oct 18, 2020
Hi, I'm the final stages of building my PC now and I only have to put my Graphics Card in, the 3090 Founders Edition.

I've read the booklet and it's telling me to put 2 separate PCIe connections into the 12 pin splitter provided with the card itself. However I'm a bit confused as the PSU PCIe cables have two ends (as they should). Can I use two of these cables and ignore ignore the duplicate ends or will I need to buy different PCIe leads?

I greatly appreciate all and any help. Thank you.

My PSU is: Corsair CP-9020070-UK Professional Platinum Series 1200W ATX/EPS

These are my cables:

J4XiGVu.jpeg

Last edited:
Solution
Agreed. I believe some cable mod companies are doing replacement cables that have the 12 pin one end and plug into 2x pcie sockets on the psu. Not sure which PSU’s they do this for. Might be a tidier solution if that matters to you.
Oct 18, 2020
Agreed. I believe some cable mod companies are doing replacement cables that have the 12 pin one end and plug into 2x pcie sockets on the psu. Not sure which PSU’s they do this for. Might be a tidier solution if that matters to you.

I will 100% be changing the cables at a later date. I haven't been able to find any at the moment. I just wanted to double tripple check before even putting any electricity into the £1400 card.

I appreciate your answer. Thank you.

Should I use only the one on the main line and ignore the twin for each, and will it affect power to the GPU by example- giving it more or anything? Thank you for the answer.

Take 1 PCIe Cable 6+2 and connect the first 6+2 connector on the cable in the adapter and forget to other 6+2 at the end of that cable. Use another cable and do the same.

Connect adapter in the 12 pin on the GPU.

TRENDING THREADS