jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
I've been reading this message board now for about a month and have read vague references to AMD processors having a 333 fsb, but I haven't been able to a good understanding of exactly which processors have the 333 fsb.

Can you guys help me identify which ones have it (of the pre-barton cores)? Is there a way to determine by looking at the chips which ones support a 333 fsb?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I think it's just any AXP 2600+ or higher comes with a 333MHz FSB.

PC Repair-Vol 1:Getting To Know Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 2:Troubleshooting Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 3:Having Trouble Troubleshooting Your PC?
PC Repair-Vol 4:Having Trouble Shooting Your PC?

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
yep that's right.be careful though coz the 2600 was originally released with a 266fsb so there may be a few of the old ones still around.Make sure it says 2.08GHz @ 333fsb rather than 2.13GHz @ 266fsb.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure it says 2.08GHz @ 333fsb rather than 2.13GHz @ 266fsb.
Yep. That one dirty little word: <i>RESEARCH</i>. Make sure that you know what you're getting. Of course, I may be the only person paranoid enough to make sure that the Game Boy games that I order on eBay are actually originals (not copies) and are in English. But then you know what they say about those who assume...

And, of course, get it all in writing. :)

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]
I bet you could if you froze it first. You could also probably gold plate it and polish that. Where there's a will, there's a way.

PC Repair-Vol 1:Getting To Know Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 2:Troubleshooting Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 3:Having Trouble Troubleshooting Your PC?
PC Repair-Vol 4:Having Trouble Shooting Your PC?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
At the shop I restored a 1986 LaBaron convertable. It was nice and shiny when I was done, and oh so smooth.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>