Build Advice 9 Argb Fans on one connector

Xavier1 2584

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
Hi there.

I am looking to build a pc in the near future. The case I am going to use for my build is the Metallicgear Neo Qube and has support for up to 9 120mm fans.

For my fans I want to get the InWin Sirius Extreme fans. You can daisy chain all the fans together (4 pin pwm connectors and argb connectors) but I just want to make sure that I can daisy chain all 9 together without any problems.

It is more of a budget build so I am going to use the Asrock B450 steel legend as my motherboard.

For the fan argb power ratings:
ADD RGB Rated Power 1.5W
ADD RGB Rated Current0.30A

From the motherboard manual:
3 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan
Speed Control)
* The Chassis/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of
maximum 2A (24W) fan power.

1 x Addressable LED Header
* Supports in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip

So my question basically is, can I daisy chain all 9 of these fans together and connect them to a single chassis fan header and the 5V argb header on the motherboard and not run into any problems like frying the motherboard or anything else?

Thanks for any trouble and help!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I agree fully with Lutfij above. Running 9 fans' LIGHTS at 0.30 A each max is really close to the limit of one the mobo header, so an ARGB LIGHTING Hub fed by power a PSU SATA output) is a good idea. For the fan MOTORS you CAN use the MOTOR cable daisy-chain feature with a small caution. The fan motors are rated for 0.13 A max per motor, so 9 of those comes to 1.2 A. The three chassis fan headers - CHA_FANn / WP - say they are rated at 2.0 A max per header, which is double the common rating. Just to be cautious, I suggest you split up the fan motors into two daisy-chained groups and use two of those headers. Just ensure they both are configured the same way so all 9 fnn motors do the same thing.