Question "A media driver your computer needs is missing" Insalling on ASUS B450M -A mother board with an AMD CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2019
Hi,

So basically I have been trying to install Windows 10 from a USB (used previously for a friend on his AMD computer) onto a new PC. When I try and install windows I get the error message "A media driver your computer needs is missing". I have tried to boot from different USB ports (I only have USB3 ports on the front and motherboard) from a restart and from the installation window. I have tried updating the BIOS (the Boot menu, the legacy USB (enabled and disabled - disabled caused my mouse and keyboard to not function and couldn't detect a bootable driver) and the changing one of the boot settings to (UEFI only) and changing the Safe Boot to Windows UEFI mode ). I have read online to re burn/ download the ISO. I tried re-downloading the ISO to a USB from my MacBook Pro 2017 but that didn't seem to include a UEFI compatible boot and my PC couldn't detect it.

The SSD and the USB both show up in the BIOS and in the Windows Installation menu when I choose browse. However if I choose the USB the error message I get is "no device drivers were found".

I have an ASUS CD that came with the mother board? Should I try installing both together? I am not sure what drivers are missing and how to get them downloaded so I can install windows 10.

Specs:
ASUS Prime B450M-A motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600G CPU with integrated Graphics
PNY 240 SSD

I'm trying to boot from a PNY 2.0 8 GB USB. (it worked for a friend, but I'm not sure if they were able to boot it from a 2.0 or 3.0 port).

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you ever find a solution @lanyu? I have the same motherboard, and the same problem. Help!

1. Make your own thread as only people who will reply to this are those already in it.
  2. The forum software changed in Feb last year around time this thread started so there is a chance no one else will reply and op won't get your message.
  3. Did you update bios on motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.