[SOLVED] A520 Aorus Elite USB keyboard lags

Oct 25, 2020
Hello,

I have a problem with USB 2.0 ports on Aorus Elite A520 motherboard. There are four USB 2.0 ports internally conected as HUB on back side of MB. When I connect USB keyboard to any of these USB 2.0 ports , then keyboard is laggy during writing and somtimes it stuck on one pressed button a writes e.g.: „wwwwwwww..“. Even mouse have micro lags. With wireless keyboard+mouse set it's even worse. I already installed all latest drivers and updated BIOS tolatest version F11b, but it did not help. In other USB ports (3.0) it's working perfectly. Does anyone have experience with a similar problem? Thanks.

EDIT: I tried to plug wireless set (kb+mouse) to USB 3.0 port and there is a problem with distance.. When the keyboard and mouse are close to the PC then it's OK, but moving them 1m away then it's laggy and unusable.. When I connect anything to USB 2.0 on front panel, then everything is OK..

PC:
Gigabyte Aorus Elite A520
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Patriot Viper 4 2x 8GB 3200 MHz
AMD HD5850
Kingstone A2000 NVMe 250GB
500 W

Solution
Gigabyte just released new BIOS version F11k which as they write: "Improve connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub" and I can confirm that it"s working! Finally! No lags. But the wirless keyboard and mouse still works only at short distanece (about 1,5 meter), so there is still space for improvement. I hope that this will help someone.
Oct 25, 2020
Gigabyte just released new BIOS version F11k which as they write: "Improve connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub" and I can confirm that it"s working! Finally! No lags. But the wirless keyboard and mouse still works only at short distanece (about 1,5 meter), so there is still space for improvement. I hope that this will help someone.

Solution