[SOLVED] Accidently removed wire from weird small Intel chip

Solution
Can you take a closer picture of the card? Can't really zoom in enough to see specifics.

There's two possibilities.... If the clip (red circle) has come loose, or if the wire has been severed/removed from the clip itself (red line). There's probably other implementations too, but this is the general way the antenna is attached to a card.
1234.png

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That your wifi antenna.

They should have push clips (for lack of a better term), that the wire is connected to and it 'snaps' into place.
Looks at the top right of the image here - same idea.
277865_VuWh4g9.jpg

Unfortunately, it's entirely possible to pull the wire free from the clip with excessive force - at which point, reassembling it tough.

Apr 1, 2020
That your wifi antenna.

They should have push clips (for lack of a better term), that the wire is connected to and it 'snaps' into place.
Looks at the top right of the image here - same idea.
277865_VuWh4g9.jpg

Unfortunately, it's entirely possible to pull the wire free from the clip with excessive force - at which point, reassembling it tough.
Well the thing is I can't reattach the wire to the clip, it just doesn't clip in

Edit: I don't know if the wire should look like that or not but it looks unwell to me
https://ibb.co/gTK0ZHn

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Can you take a closer picture of the card? Can't really zoom in enough to see specifics.

There's two possibilities.... If the clip (red circle) has come loose, or if the wire has been severed/removed from the clip itself (red line). There's probably other implementations too, but this is the general way the antenna is attached to a card.
1234.png

Solution