Question Acer Nitro 5 Vs MSI GL63 8RD 450IN

Jul 17, 2020
Hello!
So I'm an engineering student from India and I'm planning to buy a second hand laptop.
After searching extensively, I've come down to
  1. An 8 month old under warranty Acer Nitro 5(i5 8th gen, gtx 1050, 1TB HDD).
  2. A 2 year old MSI GL63 8RD 450IN(i7 8th gen, gtx 1050, 1TB HDD+128GB SSD)
Both of these are offered for 40k INR.
On one hand the former has an 8th gen i5, while on the other the latter has an 8th gen i7, so I'm very confused which one to buy.
I will use this laptop for browsing, coding and gaming too, and will be dual booting.
Anybody is welcome to pitch in their opinion on this. Thanks!

With only a gtx1050, you would be hard pressed to see issues with either. It is noted, that the Acer nitro 5 has a known thermal issues, this is usually remediated by a replacement of the stock thermal paste with a higher quality paste.

Considering the specs, the MSI is better, the ssd provides a drastic increase in daily tasks, and the extra threads of the i7 will help in running vm's if needed.

Reactions: nkrao69
Jul 17, 2020
With only a gtx1050, you would be hard pressed to see issues with either. It is noted, that the Acer nitro 5 has a known thermal issues, this is usually remediated by a replacement of the stock thermal paste with a higher quality paste.

Considering the specs, the MSI is better, the ssd provides a drastic increase in daily tasks, and the extra threads of the i7 will help in running vm's if needed.
Thank you so much!
Also, just came up with another offer.
A one year old HP PAVILION 15 Power series gaming laptop (i5 8th gen, gtx1050, 16 GB RAM, 1TB HDD+ 256GB SSD) for 45k INR. What do you think about this? I've heard the HP ones have cooling issues. Thanks!

Jul 17, 2020
The HP will also need a re-paste to run optimally. That, or an undervolt on the cpu/gpu. I'd still side with the msi despite the age(I'm still using laptops from 2012-2013 :LOL:).
You have no idea how much this opinion means to me. I was so unsure. Thanks again. 😊

TRENDING THREADS