[SOLVED] Added new ram, computer now beeping when turned on. Can’t access BIOS or anything. Any help appreciated!

Feb 26, 2020
Hello,

I recently purchased this computer from amazon

HP 8300 4K Gaming Computer Intel Quad Core i5 upto 3.6GHz, 8GB, 1TB HD, Nvidia GT730 4GB, Windows 10 Pro, WiFi, USB 3.0 (Renewed) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792J3T2F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KrCvEbFXV1YKF

I shut the computer down, then took out the ram that was included with the PC which was this:

Kingston 2gb 2Rx8 PC3 (4 sticks equaling 4gb)

Then I tried to replace it with two of these:

XPG Adata ddr3 8gx16

When I tried to turn the computer on with the new adata ram it beeped. On the screen the blue shutting down screen popped back up but was frozen. Then it went away and no signal was sent to the monitor. I shut down the computer manually and took out the new ram and put the old ram back inside. I tried powering up the computer again and was met with the red flashing light and the beeps. The same shut down screen came up on the monitor.

I have tried pressing the CMOS jumper on the motherboard to no avail. I have made sure the RAM is in correctly and there is no dust.

I would appreciate any help and can provide any info and pictures if needed. Thank you!

Here are some pictures:

View: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/F1dtNGM

Solution
Great for Casual to Mid-End Gaming Nvidia GeForce 4K (Playback) Certified Video Card GT730 4GB, 4K or 1080P HDMI, 1080P DVI, VGA. 1-2 Monitor Support.

The GT730 can handle 4k playback, as in 4k video. It cannot game at 4k due to resolution restrictions.
  • Max Monitors Supported: 2
  • Max Analog: 2048x1536
  • Max Digital: 2560x1600
That card would be best suited for 800x600 resolutions and paired with games designed for Windows XP, as was intended 7 years ago when it was built.

By comparison, the gtx750ti is @ 450% better and can do 1920x1080 (1080p) with little hassle.

4k playback/content is not the same thing as 4k resolution.
Feb 26, 2020
Strange that such a system is being marketted for 4k gaming.

Try reseating ram or booting on one stick. Also, what id the pattern of the beeps? Hp uses a pattern of long and shory beeps to indicate whats wrong.

I feel silly, as soon as I posted this I re checked the old ram (Kingston) I put back. I think it wasn’t clicked in all the way and that’s possibly why. I got my computer back to the way it was. I just want to now know if the Adata ram (8gb x 2) that are in the pictures would work with it?
I do agree with you it’s weird that’s marketed as 4k
Gaming. My brother purchased it on amazon and after he received it and asked for my help with the RAM I read the specs and was confused. He can’t even play black ops 3 on low settings. Hence why he wants to change the RAM to see it that helps. Thank you so much for replying.

I feel silly, as soon as I posted this I re checked the old ram (Kingston) I put back. I think it wasn’t clicked in all the way and that’s possibly why. I got my computer back to the way it was. I just want to now know if the Adata ram (8gb x 2) that are in the pictures would work with it?
I do agree with you it’s weird that’s marketed as 4k
Gaming. My brother purchased it on amazon and after he received it and asked for my help with the RAM I read the specs and was confused. He can’t even play black ops 3 on low settings. Hence why he wants to change the RAM to see it that helps. Thank you so much for replying.
Yeah a gt730 and old i5 wil have trouvle even at 1080p for modern games. The adata sticks should work, just dont mix the two kits.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Great for Casual to Mid-End Gaming Nvidia GeForce 4K (Playback) Certified Video Card GT730 4GB, 4K or 1080P HDMI, 1080P DVI, VGA. 1-2 Monitor Support.

The GT730 can handle 4k playback, as in 4k video. It cannot game at 4k due to resolution restrictions.
  • Max Monitors Supported: 2
  • Max Analog: 2048x1536
  • Max Digital: 2560x1600
That card would be best suited for 800x600 resolutions and paired with games designed for Windows XP, as was intended 7 years ago when it was built.

By comparison, the gtx750ti is @ 450% better and can do 1920x1080 (1080p) with little hassle.

4k playback/content is not the same thing as 4k resolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: extreme_noob
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For many 3rd party refurbs, the fact that it has a discrete gpu automatically makes it a gaming pc, regardless of what it actually is capable of.

It's a red car. Therefore it's a sports car. Doesn't matter if it has 4 doors and looks exactly like a stationwagon, it's Red! So it must be fast. And fast cars are sports cars. Everyone knows that.

Reactions: extreme_noob