Hi,

I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier that offers punk wears) is putting
itself up for IPO, so what do you guys think about it? Do you guys like
Zumiez? Do you guys think they'll pull it off with this IPO? Just need
some inputs.

--
Ashikaga a26

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 03:23:41 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier that offers punk wears) is putting
>itself up for IPO, so what do you guys think about it? Do you guys like
>Zumiez? Do you guys think they'll pull it off with this IPO? Just need
>some inputs.

Sorry, it's not 1979 anymore. I don't care about fashion now.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

> I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier
> that offers punk wears) is putting

Never heard of it. The fashion industry is volatile. You'd
probably be better off with safe long term investments.

--
/\_./b__ _O_ <====o Lost Dragon o====> _|_ __d\._/\
(/^/(_^^' | I like people - I just can't eat a whole one | `^^_)\^\)

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier that offers punk wears) is putting
>>itself up for IPO, so what do you guys think about it? Do you guys like
>>Zumiez? Do you guys think they'll pull it off with this IPO? Just need
>>some inputs.
>
> Sorry, it's not 1979 anymore. I don't care about fashion now.

Yeah, just blame it on 80's trashy trend. :p

Anyways, it's not a fashion place. It's really more about punk/goth
alternative lifestyle (and I think Hot Topic is more goth, but Zumiez is
more skateboard people's thingy I think). You don't need to care about
fashion to make an investment. I think it's more important to know about
the prospective profitability of the business.

--
Ashikaga a26

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:28:45 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah, just blame it on 80's trashy trend. :p

Huh? 1979 is the last time I paid any attention to fashion.

>Anyways, it's not a fashion place. It's really more about punk/goth
>alternative lifestyle (and I think Hot Topic is more goth, but Zumiez is
>more skateboard people's thingy I think). You don't need to care about
>fashion to make an investment. I think it's more important to know about
>the prospective profitability of the business.

And how am I supposed to glean that if I am unaware of fashion trends?

--

Eek! Lost Dragon wrote:
>> I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier
> > that offers punk wears) is putting
>
> Never heard of it. The fashion industry is volatile. You'd
> probably be better off with safe long term investments.

Stock market is irrational. For short-term investment, it's about
outguessing other investors' sentiment. And thanks for the advice.
Everyone should have some mixture of both short-term and long-term
investments.

--
Ashikaga a26

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:31:44 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! Lost Dragon wrote:
>>> I've found out that Zumiez (a clothier
>> > that offers punk wears) is putting
>>
>> Never heard of it. The fashion industry is volatile. You'd
>> probably be better off with safe long term investments.
>
>Stock market is irrational. For short-term investment, it's about
>outguessing other investors' sentiment. And thanks for the advice.
>Everyone should have some mixture of both short-term and long-term
>investments.

Did you have any stock in LEXR? Man, it went from a bit over $3 to $6 a
couple days ago. Cha-ching! That's almost as much fun as a split.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
<snip>
> Did you have any stock in LEXR? Man, it went from a bit over $3 to $6 a
> couple days ago. Cha-ching! That's almost as much fun as a split.

Please, don't boast over something like that, Poly. You're smarter than
that.

--
Ashikaga a26

Words to the wise, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah, just blame it on 80's trashy trend. :p

Since when is punk wear 80's?

Besides, you make your own clothes.

I love the people at concerts begging me for cigarettes since they are
so broke while wearing fully styled sets which each cost at least
500€.

Eek! Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Ashikaga wrote:
>
>>Yeah, just blame it on 80's trashy trend. :p
>
> Since when is punk wear 80's?

No..., I meant that Poly stopped paying attention to the fashion since
1979, which is the end of the 70's, so that probably suggests that Poly
thinks there is something wrong with 1980's..., you see.

> Besides, you make your own clothes.

I don't.... Though I would love to. I think I have outgrown most clothing
stores now, and their offerrings are not trendy enough for me.

> I love the people at concerts begging me for cigarettes since they are
> so broke while wearing fully styled sets which each cost at least
> 500€.

LOL! I'm getting there, btw.... Except I don't go to a concert and I
don't smoke cigerettes....

--
Ashikaga a26