Question After installing new RAM, Notebook constantly reboots itself, I can't even run Memtest86 [DDR3, SODIMM]

Apr 27, 2020
Hello and welcome to my post, I'll go into detail so you can know what happened so far.
I've acquired a pair of 4GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM model KVR16LS11/4 modules

For an old Samsung Notebook model NP-RV511-AAR1, to which, after EXTENSIVE research on my part (this linked site is one of many), and after asking the Samsung reps, came to the conclusion that the modules I bought online (Kingstong 1600Mhz 4GB) were supposed to be COMPATIBLE with those that came pre-installed in the Notebook

Said module is a 2GB Samsung M471B5773CHS, that according to it's spreadsheet, should BE compatible with a 1600Mhz ram clock.
Now, after installing the RAM, the notebook reboots almost instantly, as if the RAM modules were faulty, but it doesn't stop there....

If I run memtest86, from a bootable pendrive (that means, not even using the PC harddrive) I can't even begin testing that the computer also reboots almost instantly.

It's not a matter of faulty installation of the modules, if I replace the new modules with the old ones, the computer boots and works fine, and the modules have no errors, if I mix them (new+old), they still reboot my PC, or run into some memory error if I boot the OS.
I even ran a Memtest with mixed RAM (the old that works on slot1 and the new one on slot 2) and I get this error message on the software. (At least the notebook doesn't restart but the whole thing halts)

What can i do?
The BIOS/UEFI for this notebook is awful, has no options whatsoever, but the RAM is recognized because it appears in it, the BIOS reports the newly installed 8GB of RAM in the SysInfo Panel, is that enough for being "compatible"?

Thanks, I'm kinda desperate to make it work but I want to know who's at fault here, if the guy who sold me "faulty"(?) RAM, if me because I trusted Samsung reps (never again!), or there's something else going on.
Thanks a lot for your input, I hope I did a good working describing my problem.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020
Modules sold as Single Modules are only guaranteed to work as Single Modules. There is no guarantee pairing multiple modules sold as Single Modules will work together.

It also looks like the machine uses DDR3-1333MHz not 1600MHz.
Hi, would 1600Mhz present this issues? Or a Low Voltage RAM?
Because I think it's the low voltage ram the one that gives issues.