I have a lot of respect for all aircraft and scenery designers, I wish I
could do that.
My question: If I sit in a aircraft and look to diff sides I feel myself in
the cabin like a real captain, but, if I look back into the plane I am
standing at the back of the plane. I do not remember ever seen a picture
from the front. Why?

GREGORY

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 07:57:46 GMT, "Wim Dijkgraaf"
<wim.dijkgraaf@pandora.be> brought the following to our attention:

>I have a lot of respect for all aircraft and scenery designers, I wish I
>could do that.
>
>My question: If I sit in a aircraft and look to diff sides I feel myself in
>the cabin like a real captain, but, if I look back into the plane I am
>standing at the back of the plane. I do not remember ever seen a picture
>from the front. Why?

Are you in VC (Virtual Cockpit) of 2D Cockpit view mode? If in VC and
the model file (.mdl) has no cockpit walls then you will see open AIR.
Some call this `magic carpet' ride..

If in 2D mode.. then it has to do with the FIXED Views defined in the
Panel.cfg file as follows;

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Fixed_views.gif (166k)

Here's a weird view w/cabin door `cut out' and all BLACK color code;

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/outs-da_back.jpg (150k)

"outs-da_back" image was deleted from another forum as too
unrealistic.. but it demonstrates the use of 2D views and tricks.

-Gregory

Hi Gregory,

What program is that you're using in your Fixed Views link?

Regards,
John ward
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 07:57:46 GMT, "Wim Dijkgraaf"
> <wim.dijkgraaf@pandora.be> brought the following to our attention:
>
> >I have a lot of respect for all aircraft and scenery designers, I wish I
> >could do that.
> >
> >My question: If I sit in a aircraft and look to diff sides I feel myself
in
> >the cabin like a real captain, but, if I look back into the plane I am
> >standing at the back of the plane. I do not remember ever seen a picture
> >from the front. Why?
> >

> Are you in VC (Virtual Cockpit) of 2D Cockpit view mode? If in VC and
> the model file (.mdl) has no cockpit walls then you will see open AIR.
> Some call this `magic carpet' ride..
>
> If in 2D mode.. then it has to do with the FIXED Views defined in the
> Panel.cfg file as follows;
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Fixed_views.gif (166k)
>

> Here's a weird view w/cabin door `cut out' and all BLACK color code;
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/outs-da_back.jpg (150k)
>

> "outs-da_back" image was deleted from another forum as too
> unrealistic.. but it demonstrates the use of 2D views and tricks.
>

> -Gregory

GREGORY

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:41:33 +1000, "John Ward"
<johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> brought the following to our attention:

>Hi Gregory,
>
> What program is that you're using in your Fixed Views link?
>
>John ward

John.. it's FS Panel Stud.. umm.... I mean Studio that is. :)