[SOLVED] Airplane mode on phone..

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello!
I was wondering if its okay if I turn my iPhone 8 on airplane mode for a few hours when I’m not using it to save battery. Is this okay to do, or am I gonna damage the battery? Also is it okay to charge my phone to 100 percent overnight?

From,
Ryan

Solution
Hello!
I was wondering if its okay if I turn my iPhone 8 on airplane mode for a few hours when I’m not using it to save battery.
Perfectly fine

Is this okay to do, or am I gonna damage the battery? Also is it okay to charge my phone to 100 percent overnight?
From,
Ryan
Phone won't overcharge modern lithium ion batteries and batteries won't overcharge.When a battery reaches full charge, it just stops charging. It won't get damage by leaving it on a charger overnight.
Hello!
I was wondering if its okay if I turn my iPhone 8 on airplane mode for a few hours when I’m not using it to save battery.
Perfectly fine

Is this okay to do, or am I gonna damage the battery? Also is it okay to charge my phone to 100 percent overnight?
From,
Ryan
Phone won't overcharge modern lithium ion batteries and batteries won't overcharge.When a battery reaches full charge, it just stops charging. It won't get damage by leaving it on a charger overnight.

Last edited:
Solution

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Perfectly fine

Phone won't overcharge modern lithium ion batteries and batteries won't overcharge.When a battery reaches full charge, it just stops charging. It won't get damage by leaving it on a charger.
It wont damage the battery if I put it in airplane mode or charge to 100 overnight?

It wont damage the battery if I put it in airplane mode or charge to 100 overnight?
Nope, it won't.

What could shorten the life of a lithium batteries is longer discharge cycles. When the battery is allowed to fully discharge before recharging.
It is recommended shorter discharge cycles and more frequent charges.
Start charging after battery reaches 25% capacity.

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Nope, it won't.

What could shorten the life of a lithium batteries is longer discharge cycles. When the battery is allowed to fully discharge before recharging.
It is recommended shorter discharge cycles and more frequent charges.
So what does that mean, is it better to charge it before it reaches low battery?
Currently I plug in my iPhone when it reaches 30 or 40 percent and unplug it at 80 percent. Is that okay?