[SOLVED] 'Alert! Memory failure detected in DIMM 1' (12gb installed 4gb usable) Dell Precision T3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapig_396

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
Good afternoon,
I have been experiencing issues with memory in my DELL precision T3500.
The first indicator of an issue was an alert that first popped up when I powered on my PC (accompanied by a bleep). The night before, I had installed a GTX 1660 Super as an upgrade from a 1050 Ti, so I'm wondering if this (in any way) is related to this memory failure. Initially, windows booted flawlessly with all RAM working, but the next time I booted my PC (about 12 hours later) I had the alert.

The message read, 'Alert! Memory failure detected in DIMM 1'
'Alert! Non-optimal memory population detected. To maximize performance, populate DIMMSs as specified in the service manual.'

What I've tried so far:
  • Reseating all 6 RAM modules
  • Installing old GPU (to rule out new GPU causing the issue)
  • Cleaning all DIMM slots with compressed air and cleaning RAM modules with compressed air and a pencil eraser
  • Replacing CMOS battery, and changed some BIOS settings
PC boots as normal except I get an alert about the memory failure in DIMM 1 ,
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, as always.
Thanks for your time

Solution
Boot without dimm1 populated. Boot with only dimm1 populated. Swap sticks. Make sure they are fully seated.

I can't see a gpu swap causing a ram issue unless you hit the ram on removal. Which would be difficult with that configuration.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Boot without dimm1 populated. Boot with only dimm1 populated. Swap sticks. Make sure they are fully seated.

I can't see a gpu swap causing a ram issue unless you hit the ram on removal. Which would be difficult with that configuration.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.