WannaBeNerd

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.go-l.com/desktops/index.htm" target="_new"> L performance desktops</A>

Uses a proprietary phase shift cooling system that keeps CPU (among other components, GPU included) at about -41C.

overclocking possibilities that boggle the mind.

and the TWO TERABYTE HDD ARRAY piques my interest as well :)

The have potential and have been discussed, but they have major stability issues, and alot of their technology is still not perfected, like their RAM drives /PuRam, Cache Flow.

Maximum PC's review showed promise, but also showed alot of promised items that weren't ready for primetime.

They are a company to watch for sure, but they are far more expensive than Alienware and Voodoo too. Their biggest gimmick selling feature was promoting them with the Grand Canyon monitor setup (when in reality those are forced to use crap video solutions to power all 4). IF they get all the kinks worked out then they could be king, but it's gotta work first.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I've been intrigued by their stuff, but these days I think it would be much more fun (and probably substantially cheaper) to build my own with a combined Vapochill/Watercooling setup :evil: .

I have very little respect for Alienware, because they sell a 'Gaming' PC which has an FX5200 in it :mad:

---
Epox 8RDA+ rev1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @205x11 (~2.26Ghz), 1.575Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
I have very little respect for Alienware, because they sell a 'Gaming' PC which has an FX5200 in it
Isn't that a "budget" gaming PC? Everything I've read over the past six months or so recommends the FX5200 as a budget pick. Yeah, yeah. There are ti-4200/4600s, of course, but they are becoming increasingly rare and the most you can hope to get is a refurb. Fine, but refurbs come with nothing, while FX5200s retail for $70 may include a very nice game/software bundle, depending on the manufacturer.

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool:

blackphoenix77

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2004
My FX5200 wasn't that horrible, and it was the 64-bit memory version...It would play Far Cry at low settings, and all the other new games at lower setting.... It did ok for me, but then I haven't expierienced a high end card yet so I'm sure I'm going to look back and laugh at how much that card sucked. I wonder what it will be like when I get my new ATI 9600Pro which I got for only $85 plus $10 s/h. :smile:

screw the signature

splenda20

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
Everything I've heard about that company has been bad. Apparently they're are very unreliable and I am yet to see a review for any of their systems with their patented PuRAM and all their other fancy stuff. Like Grape said, they have potential, but are yet to prove anything to anyone. Until they can provide a fully functional system with all their marketing hype, I'm not going to get excited about anything they claim.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
It was one of their cheaper ones, But it didn't declare itself to be 'budget'. It was called something like "Performance Gamer" or some such, and had a 4-figure price tag. It seemed misleading to me - an 'average joe' might have heard about alienware, looked at their site & bought one of these, thinking he's getting something very high spec, whereas actually it's Going to really suffer when he tries any next-gen game (DoomIII, HL2?). I <i>think</i> it was a P4 3.2 or 3.0 CPU too - if they'd just downgraded to a 2.8 they could have stuck a much better gfx card in there for the same price.

I like the look of the Alienware Cases though! :smile:

Like I said above though, I'm never buying a ready-made PC from anyone again. I like choosing my components and building and configuring my own stuff (as, I'm sure, most other ppl around here do) - It's like adult Lego or something :lol:

---
Epox 8RDA+ rev1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @205x11 (~2.26Ghz), 1.575Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Like I said above though, I'm never buying a ready-made PC from anyone again.
Amen! BTW, what ready-made did you get? Did you get Delled? :smile:

<font color=green>"The creative powers of English morphology are pathetic compared to what we find in other languages." (Steven Pinker, The Language Instinct)</font color=green> :cool: