-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
Hello there!

I've been using my old HyperX Cloud 1 for years. Recently I started to look for some good wireless headset, and even though I'm aware that wireless usually comes with less quality, I finally went with the HS70 (no pro version).

I'm not unhappy with them, but most of the time I feel like my Cloud 1 are just plain better; and while I'd rather go with the pseudo 7.1 in some games and music, the HS70 feel less solid and comfortable than my Cloud 1, and my friends have stated that the micro quality is pretty worse, which honestly surprised me, because the Cloud 1's isn't great anyway.

So, I am not thinking about returning them and going for something different... still I'm not sure what I am looking for. Checked the Reddit thread but looks like anything short of 300$ is treated as cheap crap.

Also, I love my Cloud I pads; the HS70's do not isolate or adapt nearly as good as they do, if that's of use by any chance.

Some candidates were the Logitech G pro X, the Cloud Flight or Mix (if I can get them on sale) or Arctis7, even though they seem a bit pricey to me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Solution
You can try the HyperX Cloud MIX if you want to keep about the same sound signature as the Cloud you have now. Arctis are good models also, I'd get either of those before the Logitech models but that is what I like to listen to.

-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
You can try the HyperX Cloud MIX if you want to keep about the same sound signature as the Cloud you have now. Arctis are good models also, I'd get either of those before the Logitech models but that is what I like to listen to.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna give the Mix a chance. The Arctics look good but most of them are super expensive whilst I just got a refurbished Mix for 70€, so they're almost twice the price.

Thanks, I think I'm gonna give the Mix a chance. The Arctics look good but most of them are super expensive whilst I just got a refurbished Mix for 70€, so they're almost twice the price.

Keep in mind "refurbished" = used. To me the trade-off of wireless with a heavier headset due to battery and extra cost is not worth it. I would rather spend the extra cost on build or sound quality.