[SOLVED] Am deciding between an MSI GPU which has Twin Frozr cooling and an EVGA which has Hydro Dynamic, which cooling lasts longer and why?

Aug 29, 2019
I'm in the market for a new GPU. I'm making an investment towards longevity over savings and a difference of $40-$60 is not a big deal to me however I am a n00b at understanding cooling tech so if the tech is comparable then I'd of course default towards saving $. So am hoping to get some feedback as to which cooling tech: Twin Frozr vs Hydro Dynamic is of higher quality/longevity and why?
Would like some expert input on the matter before I decided 😀

Thanks!

Solution
Hydro dynamic is just a fancy way of saying sleeve bearing fan. It is better than a standard sleeve as I understand it really only uses metal/metal contact when turning on. Once it is spinning it is running on a layer of fluid caused by pumping action in grooves or something like that.

Twin Frozr has more traditional ball bearing fans, which should last longer than any sleeve type.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. They should both last longer than the useful lifespan of the GPU for your average gamer. There are always replacement fans out there, or whole coolers.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hydro dynamic is just a fancy way of saying sleeve bearing fan. It is better than a standard sleeve as I understand it really only uses metal/metal contact when turning on. Once it is spinning it is running on a layer of fluid caused by pumping action in grooves or something like that.

Twin Frozr has more traditional ball bearing fans, which should last longer than any sleeve type.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. They should both last longer than the useful lifespan of the GPU for your average gamer. There are always replacement fans out there, or whole coolers.

Solution
Aug 29, 2019

Thank you very much for the input on this!

TRENDING THREADS