AMD Bulldozer Arrives. Enter to Win One of Your Own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Getting this rig would make my year. Even if it's not what all the enthusiasts were looking for (haven't read the review yet, but I'm seeing some Q_Qing already), it's still an amazing cpu. Checking out the review now, then entering, fingers, testicles, and whatever else I can cross crossed!

guyjones

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
About time! Nice package design. Of course, it's what's on the inside that counts.

Finally, consumers have a choice...let the free market competition begin!

It does almost exactly what I expected. I was hoping to be impressed...but at least I wasn't disappointed. This is just enough for AMD to stay in the game. It'll be great for workstations.

For gamers though...AMD really should've just dropped the K10's to 32nm and sold them at the same prices. If a Phenom II x4 can hit 4.0GHz no problem, wouldn't a 32nm one hit 4.8GHz? If I can buy a $120 Phenom II x4 that hits 4.8GHz, I'll take that over a $220 i5 and spend more on my graphics or pick up an SSD instead.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]phatbuddha79[/nom]If i win, ima sell this rig then use the money to build a 2500k.[/citation]
if i win ill sell it and wait then buy an ivy bridge build

AMD X6850

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Aside from the whining, why is it only limited to the United States?
If it is to do with shipping costs, I'd be more than happy to pay it if I end up winning the competition (depending on what the prize is).

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]AMD X6850[/nom]Aside from the whining, why is it only limited to the United States?If it is to do with shipping costs, I'd be more than happy to pay it if I end up winning the competition (depending on what the prize is).[/citation]

Taxes, laws, etc. That's the government for you!

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]Taxes, laws, etc. That's the government for you![/citation]
Because buying a PC in the USA and shipping it international is against the law, so therefore winning one in a contest is too.
Wait ... what?

Status
Not open for further replies.