[SOLVED] AMD Graphic's driver makes pc to lag really hard

Mar 23, 2022
I have to start with the fact that I cloned my SSD system drive to a bigger one and I had some problems, but solved them(didn't boot, couldn't activate). Now, I'm having problems with really crazy lag, the crazy thing is that it only happens when using VLC - just when I go to fullscreen it drops a few frames and than recovers, but it gets worse when I'm using VLC with let's say Hearthstone.. It's like the whole PC moves with 2-5 FPS. I have tried every other VLC fix I could find(even downgraded VLC), but nothing seemed to work, next thing I used DDU to clean any driver files and downgraded to another AMD driver - same problem. Tried Furmark, thinking that I might have a dying graphics card, but not one frame dropped and also played RDR2 without any issue. Used DDU again and didn't install a driver, I just let Windows do it's thing and recognizing the card and now there's no lag. What could be the problem and what can I do to solve it without doing a clean Windows install?

Solution
it can be an issue with audio/video codecs in the operating system.
if you notice the issue occurring with certain types of audio or video, search for a distributable for those particular codecs.
if it happens with any and all types of media then it's more than likely a deeper issue within the OS.

any flags within Device Manager showing errors?
if you notice the issue occurring with certain types of audio or video, search for a distributable for those particular codecs.
if it happens with any and all types of media then it's more than likely a deeper issue within the OS.

Solution
Sep 6, 2022

hello man, i really need ur help here