[SOLVED] AMD ryzen 7 5800x keeps restarting PC

Feb 21, 2022
So this is a really weird situation I'm having. I can run games perfectly fine in VR and demanding games fine but the minute I launch certain games such as COD vanguard or Roblox my PC instantly restarts itself, I have no idea why this is only happening on these two games. I did not OC anything not even Ram I tired to uninstall both games and reinstall them I even went to the extent of wiping my entire SSD and redownloaded them all again. If anyone knows anything or experienced something similar please let me know.

MOBO-ROG Stix B550 Gaming (WiFi)
Cpu-Ryzen 7 5800x
Gpu-1660 super
Ram-4 sticks of 8gb DDR4, 3200mhz ram

Solution
Yes i have all the sticks but I've posted this in multiple places and someone told me to try and run the games with only one stick which i found extremely weird but i tried it anyway and did not bother to put them back. Should i rerun the benchmark with all 4 sticks?
Running just one stick at a time is a good way to find the bad stick if you have one.

You can certainly try 4 sticks, it won't hurt, but if you're already having stability problems I'm not sure what good it will do. Running 4 sticks of RAM is inherently more difficult.

Have you tried just two sticks? preferably 2 matching sticks: same size/brand/model. Put them in the 2nd and 4rth slots going away from CPU.

But probably the most important thing is to reset CMOS...
Feb 21, 2022
I imagine only having 1 stick of 8GB RAM running at 2133MHz is really hurting your system, but you say on your original post you are running 4 sticks?
Yes i have all the sticks but I've posted this in multiple places and someone told me to try and run the games with only one stick which i found extremely weird but i tried it anyway and did not bother to put them back. Should i rerun the benchmark with all 4 sticks?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Running just one stick at a time is a good way to find the bad stick if you have one.

You can certainly try 4 sticks, it won't hurt, but if you're already having stability problems I'm not sure what good it will do. Running 4 sticks of RAM is inherently more difficult.

Have you tried just two sticks? preferably 2 matching sticks: same size/brand/model. Put them in the 2nd and 4rth slots going away from CPU.

But probably the most important thing is to reset CMOS each and every time you change memory configuration by unplugging and moving DIMM's around. That will force the CPU to retrain for the new memory configuration.

Solution