Question AMD system hangs in boot stage after a restart.

Hyedwtditpm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
Description of Original Problem: Only after a restart computer hangs during the boot stage, doesnt not continue to Windows loading stage.
Motherboards boot lights stuck at the orange led, which is said to related to ram problem.
I turn off the pc from the power button and after a turning it on it works just fine. So far it did not happen after a cold boot but only after a restart from Windows.
I checked the BIOS settings and I don't see anything that may cause a booting problem. No OC on any component.

Lately only thing that is changed is that I flashed the bios to the latest version and a update of the Bluetooth drivers through Asus Crater software.
Any ideas what the problem may be?

Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: 7900X igpu
CPU: RYZEN 9 7900X 12 core
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI
BIOS Version: v2616 (the latest from Asus)
RAM: 16GBx2 Kingston 5200mhz DDR5-5200
PSU: EVGA B5 650W 80+ BRONZE FULLY MODULAR
Case: Nzxt H7 Flow
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 Pro 23H2
GPU Drivers: AMD 24.5.1
Chipset Drivers: AMD B650E CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 6.05.16.221

Lutfij

Titan
After verifying that you'd flashed the BIOS successfully, did you clear the CMOS? Might want to see if your OS is pending any update. As for your platform, did you perform an upgrade on your platform, like a motherboard swap? If so, did you reinstall the OS?

PSU: EVGA B5 650W 80+ BRONZE FULLY MODULAR
How old is the PSU and what did it power during it's tenure if it's been in service for a while?\

Chipset Drivers: AMD B650E CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 6.05.16.221
You shoudl source the latest chipset drivers from AMD's support site, here;
https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/chipsets/am5/b650e.html
so that's something you should do so manually, in an elevated command.

As for your GPU drivers, might want to use DDU to remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from AMD's support site in an elevated command.

Hyedwtditpm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
Thank you for the reply.

Psu is a typo on my part. it is Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 850W and only a few months old.
I have the latest chipset drivers from AMD already. First thing I updated.

No, I haven't done any hardware change so far. Only bios and driver updates.

Also, since this apperead first time yesterday, it maybe related to the Windows Tuesday patch updates.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS