kinetix2005

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I just went to fit a new mobo in my P180, and the left side panel was well and truly stuck on. Took me about 20 mins to egt it foo and when I did eventually I snapped one of the clips. I tried the other panel to see if it had the same problem: it did. I've looked closely and I cannot think of any reason why this is happening. If anyone's got any ideas I'd appreciate it 'cos at the moment I'm having to use my PC with the panel off and with the fans on high its damn noisy to say the least.

UWBandman

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I had the panel on my P180 stick once, but I realized it was because I had used a full sized thumb-screw to hold in the lower HD cage. It was a little taller than the one antec provided for the HD cage, and also taller than the thumb screws that came with the case to hold on the side panels. Anyways, that taller thumb screw got in the way, and wouldnt let the side panel slide back in order to get it off! Took me like 25 minutes of carefully pulling, and I managed to only break off one of the clips.
So make sure youre using the short thumb screw or even a regular case screw to hold in the HD cage...
Altho that doesnt explain the right side panel getting stuck, so maybe Im way off here.
Good Luck!