Jan 23, 2021
My pc:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 graphics
RAM: 8GB
Mother board: PRIME A520M-K

Problem:
Guys i have an Anti-Aliasing problem... there is unsmooth jaggies in every game like in these image (maybe it wont be noticeable because of the quality):
View: https://imgur.com/WCuzHgy

View: https://imgur.com/pOouOZ5

View: https://imgur.com/YzVPdIK

I watched a lot of videos to solve this but nothing changed I changed the Radeon settings like in this image but nothing changes:
View: https://imgur.com/GZXvUs8

View: https://imgur.com/m2vJVJ9

I updated a lot of stuff like in the videos in YT but nothing changes either it like the setting in the Radeon doesn't affect the game idk please help me to solve this problem..

Solution
My screen resolution is 1400 X 900 I know its kinda old resolution but AA doesn't work on it? I mean its not enough resolution?
because the problem is so annoying and the far away stuff looks so ugly and the wires or tiny thing looks really bad and the shadows dont have smooth edges too..... idk maybe my graphics card doesn't support AA?
It's not your GPU, it's the resolution you are using when playing the game that is the problem. AA is less effective at lower resolutions. Higher resolutions don't need the highest settings for AA to be effective. So if you upgrade to at least a 1920x1080 monitor, you will see an improvement. Setting anti-aliasing in the GPU control panel does not always work for every game and may even make...
Anti-Aliasing does not always work from the GPU control panel. Minecraft "Java" edition does not have AA in the graphics options menu, so your only other options are to increase your display resolution by getting a higher resolution monitor, making a custom resolution in the GPU control panel or try Optifine mod.

Down voting someone for giving an answer you don't like is honestly abuse and should only be used when someone is blatantly wrong.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Anti-Aliasing does not always work from the GPU control panel. Minecraft "Java" edition does not have AA in the graphics options menu, so your only other options are to increase your display resolution by getting a higher resolution monitor, making a custom resolution in the GPU control panel or try Optifine mod.

Down voting someone for giving an answer you don't like is honestly abuse and should only be used when someone is blatantly wrong.
Nah i dont mind it.
It looks the same when i play minecraft,and you cant honestly expect some high level textures when the game is 11 years old and basically based on blocks.

Jan 23, 2021

the photos in the main question are from optifine mod already ... and as I mentioned before the problem is not only in Minecraft its in all other games its just that i used Minecraft as an example because it was the most obvious example (there is a lot of edges to show its a block game after all) I can show you another examples if you like

and the down vote was because his answer was useless...... idk if you can call that "answer" at all, the answer should be helpful and not based on an opinion...

Last edited:
the photos in the main question are from optifine mod already ... and as I mentioned before the problem is not only in Minecraft its in all other games its just that i used Minecraft as an example because it was the most obvious example (there is a lot of edges to show its a block game after all) I can show you another examples if you like

and the down vote was because his answer was useless...... idk if you can call that "answer" at all, the answer should be helpful and not based on an opinion...
You are not going to remove all the aliasing until you increase your resolution. Even with AA, you can't remove all the aliasing at such low resolutions, judging by the resolution of your screenshots. You would need to be playing at minimum 1920x1080 before you see any real difference with AA compared to 720 or 768p resolution. If you have a TV with 1080p or 4k resolution, hook up your PC and you can see if it makes a difference for you.

Jan 23, 2021
You are not going to remove all the aliasing until you increase your resolution. Even with AA, you can't remove all the aliasing at such low resolutions, judging by the resolution of your screenshots. You would need to be playing at minimum 1920x1080 before you see any real difference with AA compared to 720 or 768p resolution. If you have a TV with 1080p or 4k resolution, hook up your PC and you can see if it makes a difference for you.
My screen resolution is 1400 X 900 I know its kinda old resolution but AA doesn't work on it? I mean its not enough resolution?
because the problem is so annoying and the far away stuff looks so ugly and the wires or tiny thing looks really bad and the shadows dont have smooth edges too..... idk maybe my graphics card doesn't support AA?

It's not your GPU, it's the resolution you are using when playing the game that is the problem. AA is less effective at lower resolutions. Higher resolutions don't need the highest settings for AA to be effective. So if you upgrade to at least a 1920x1080 monitor, you will see an improvement. Setting anti-aliasing in the GPU control panel does not always work for every game and may even make some games look worse. It's better to use the games own AA settings when available.

Depending on the other games you play, you may need a higher performance GPU than the Vega 11 graphics of your Ryzen 5 3400G when playing at 1080p or higher resolution. Also, since you you have 8GB of ram, you may have a single module, which will lower performance in other games when using the Vega GPU.

Solution
Jan 23, 2021
It's not your GPU, it's the resolution you are using when playing the game that is the problem. AA is less effective at lower resolutions. Higher resolutions don't need the highest settings for AA to be effective. So if you upgrade to at least a 1920x1080 monitor, you will see an improvement. Setting anti-aliasing in the GPU control panel does not always work for every game and may even make some games look worse. It's better to use the games own AA settings when available.

Depending on the other games you play, you may need a higher performance GPU than the Vega 11 graphics of your Ryzen 5 3400G when playing at 1080p or higher resolution. Also, since you you have 8GB of ram, you may have a single module, which will lower performance in other games when using the Vega GPU.

Thank you... I really appreciate that...

TRENDING THREADS