Question Any way to reset Lexmark laser printer via printer's motherboard?

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
I have a Lexmark cs317dn laser printer that won't let me print because I'm out of yellow toner. It will not let me bypass the low toner message to reset the printer, I've tried everything. The toner cartridge is very expensive, even on Ebay. Is there any way to reset via printer's motherboard so I can refill the cartridge myself? I see a cmos battery but it looks like it's soldered to the board. Each toner cartridge also has a chip. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you have the printer's User Guide?

If not:

Lexmark cs317dn laser printer

Do verify that the link is correct for your printer.

That said, bypassing or otherwise trying to trick the printer into using an unsupported product is not recommended.

Overall, the end results may not be good and you run the risk of damaging the printer along with loss of any remaining warranties....

And there are many cheap, low end products (e.g., refill kits) that are simply designed to take advantage of the situation you are in.

Purchase the correct cartridge, focus on saving (See Page 88), and recycle old artridges for credit if possible.

Not what you want to hear but a lot of "design" went into ensuring that workarounds will cost you and not Lexmark.