[SOLVED] AOMEI & Disk Management differ?

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Hi there,
Yesterday I merged two partitions using AOMEI Partition Assistant. One was an unallocated 16mb with my C: drive. Everything appeared to go well but now there seems to be a discrepancy between what AOMEI says I have in the way of free space on Partitions 1, 3 and 6 and what WIN 10 Disk Management says (see images). Can someone shed some light on this?

Capture.PNG
Capture02.PNG

Solution
Really? I was wanting (if I could) to merge these smaller partitions into my C: or F: drives but now I'm afraid to do so, especially not knowing if theses partitions can or should be merged, or not?
Nooooo!
Those are required to exist.

That is NOT things you can merge.
Boot partition, recovery.

The system won't let you
Even if you could, it would kill the system - No boot for you
Even if you could, the size of those is trivial. You'd be gaining tenths of a percent.

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Go by the capacity... i.e. 1, 3 and 6. 16MB has nothing to do with my question. I only mentioned doing a merge as right after I noticed the discrepancy between what AOMEI said I have (which is correct) and what Disk Management says.

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Presumably you've rebooted before the Disk mgmt image was captured?

All of those, esp Partition 1, can't be 100% "empty". There is data in that partition to allow the system to boot up.
Yes, I rebooted. I agree. AOMEI is stating correctly. Disk Management is ^not, for some reason I cannot figure out?

mycdnprince

Commendable
Mar 5, 2021
Really? I was wanting (if I could) to merge these smaller partitions into my C: or F: drives but now I'm afraid to do so, especially not knowing if theses partitions can or should be merged, or not?

USAFRet

Titan
Nooooo!
Those are required to exist.

That is NOT things you can merge.
Boot partition, recovery.

The system won't let you
Even if you could, it would kill the system - No boot for you
Even if you could, the size of those is trivial. You'd be gaining tenths of a percent.

Solution