Apple Making Huge Money; iPad Outsells Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation]Thanks to products that make consumers go gaga for them, Apple has reported another record quarter.[/citation]
That's not a very nice way of saying it. BUT I LIKE IT!!!... :lol:

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
i swear to god im sick of those supershop spammers..

Next time i see one of their messages here on tom's, im going to spam that email at the bottom of their page and see how they like it..

And i guessed Ipads would outsell Mac's, they're cheaper and more useful under less demanding situations.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
it's such a niche product... and they way they market it, it's like a sub-unit of their macs... so no, there won't be any cannibalizing.. maybe just a little

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Square_Head[/nom]Good for Apple... wish they'd lower the price of their MB Pro though... Love their products... can't afford them.[/citation]
a sucker is born every minute

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]a sucker is born every minute[/citation]

And i guess Microsoft is a paragon of virtue? Never mind the fact that Windows Ultimate costs 1/3 of a full PC at Walmart.....that said; what does it make you?

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Apple is for sure making new fans very second then any other company in world.
May be those people like monopoly and closed environment guarded by Hitler like people.

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]mj4358[/nom]And i guess Microsoft is a paragon of virtue? Never mind the fact that Windows Ultimate costs 1/3 of a full PC at Walmart.....that said; what does it make you?[/citation]
Microsoft does a lot of things well and since I use my free version of mac os (ubuntu) there's no need to buy their os or any of their overpriced trash.

Monkeyninja

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
[citation][nom]mj4358[/nom]And i guess Microsoft is a paragon of virtue? Never mind the fact that Windows Ultimate costs 1/3 of a full PC at Walmart.....that said; what does it make you?[/citation]
... A person who doesnt buy there comp from walmart? Geez Walmart.. really..

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]Microsoft does a lot of things well and since I use my free version of mac os (ubuntu) there's no need to buy their os or any of their overpriced trash.[/citation]

So i guess your a sucker just like Apple users.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Monkeyninja[/nom]... A person who doesnt buy there comp from walmart? Geez Walmart.. really..[/citation]

Yes really...Im sure Dell makes plenty selling there.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Wow Marcus, you completely misunderstand products on their effect on other products a company sells.

For example, it's well known the iPod has helped sell many more Macs, simply because it creates more brand loyalty, and brand recognition, not to mention gets them into the Apple stores.

The iPad will help more, not less. The interface is, obviously, much more similar to a Mac than Windows, and therefore makes a Mac a much better companion. The implied supposition that only Apple people are buying it anyway is completely flawed. Apple constantly creates new markets, and gets new customers with it. Some will be people with Macs (who like the interface for the same reason a iPad owner will prefer the Mac, similarity), but some are all new, and now they have a relationship with Apple, and when they need a computer (few if any will stop buying a computer because they have an iPad), Apple will be on the short list.

That's why Apple's earnings are so spectacular. Success in one area begets success in another. It does not cannibalize it.

The iPad will help Mac sales, not hurt them. It already has. So has the iPod, so has the iPhone.

G

Spammers: keep reporting them and we'll keep zapping them.

Right now, most such posts last only a couple of hours before the poster gets banned.

jadelith

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
apple makes unfinished products, sells those. and then upgrades them every year, and then sells them. and somehow people keep on buying.

being an apple fanboy is like being in an abusive relationship I guess. they keep on stealing your money by purposefully releasing unfinished products to boost their revenues, and you keep on saying "but steve LOVES me!".

if ANY other company did this, people would stop buying their products. but since its apple, its ok.

G

Interestingly a number of car companies used to do this -- have a look at the evolution of a particular model of car, especially in the 1950s and 60s. I'm thinking especially of the rear window -- which would start off small on the launch model and gradually grew with each minor restyle.

This sort of obvious fudging is less obvious now in car design, at least.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]jadelith[/nom]apple makes unfinished products, sells those. and then upgrades them every year, and then sells them. and somehow people keep on buying.being an apple fanboy is like being in an abusive relationship I guess. they keep on stealing your money by purposefully releasing unfinished products to boost their revenues, and you keep on saying "but steve LOVES me!".if ANY other company did this, people would stop buying their products. but since its apple, its ok.[/citation]
So what was 98, ME, Vista? All those were essentially betas the resold 2 yrs later under a different name. As far as being in an abusive relationship MS is the ultimate abuser.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sudeshc[/nom]Apple is for sure making new fans very second then any other company in world. May be those people like monopoly and closed environment guarded by Hitler like people.[/citation]

Not that harsh, maby a closed apple kindergarden for the iSheeps to think their safe and sound.. however viruses ect still lurks around the bend just like any OS! Only thing thats keeping the virus numbers down is mac's low market penitration nothing else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS