Question Are there any downsides to this HP PC ?

Aug 9, 2024
Hey all,

I found an HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Mini with a Ryzen 3 2200G for a really good price in my country and I am thinking about using it for gaming ( esports games ) and everyday use. I’m not concerned about upgrading in the future. Are there any reliability or performance issues with it compared to a normal tower PC?

I appreciate any feedback!

Apr 11, 2024
I am not sure if this question is serious... ?!

The computer you refer to is a business machine and as such just enough to do basic office work. It is clearly not a Gaming machine. And being a "Mini" you will have a hard time upgrading it. The CPU is an entry level CPU of a few years back, so it is outdated and as an entry model not great for gaming. There is no dedicated GPU, which you need for gaming, nor is there any space to put one. And even if you could the power-suppy will not be able to run it. I could go on.. .

Just buy some proper gaming PC and forget about the HP Mini.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Mar 25, 2024
The HP ProDesk and EliteDesk mini PCs are enterprise PCs designed for simple desktop tasks such as office work. However, you can play games on one just like any other computer depending on the game you want to play.

I have an EliteDesk G3 600 mini myself which plays older games such as Fallout: New Vegas at 1080p, 40 fps. Anything more demanding wouldn't be an enjoyable experience, the i5-6500T that's in it struggles to maintain 20 fps in Fallout 4 which is only a 10-year-old game. Personally, I would not use a mini PC as my daily gaming machine. Even if I wasn't able to upgrade it, a SFF tower or regular tower PC would be better.

I say skip it and find a small form factor or tower version of the EliteDesk or something else that meets your criteria, the HP mini PCs are just not built for gaming environments.

Aug 9, 2024
The HP ProDesk and EliteDesk mini PCs are enterprise PCs designed for simple desktop tasks such as office work. However, you can play games on one just like any other computer depending on the game you want to play.

I have an EliteDesk G3 600 mini myself which plays older games such as Fallout: New Vegas at 1080p, 40 fps. Anything more demanding wouldn't be an enjoyable experience, the i5-6500T that's in it struggles to maintain 20 fps in Fallout 4 which is only a 10-year-old game. Personally, I would not use a mini PC as my daily gaming machine. Even if I wasn't able to upgrade it, a SFF tower or regular tower PC would be better.

I say skip it and find a small form factor or tower version of the EliteDesk or something else that meets your criteria, the HP mini PCs are just not built for gaming environments.
ok what do you think about buying any prebuilt tower pc or sff + rx 570 gpu
is this good enough for some light gaming ?

Apr 11, 2024
Depends the game. But you won't have much fun playing any recent AAA games on it. Mostly older games will run okish, probably.

Maybe it's best to tell us what exactly you expect from your system (what kind of games at what monitor resolution) and your budget, so people can better recommend something.